new lens or upgrade to a full-frame camera?

The Wifi lets you take a picture with your device, but you cannot control aperture, shutter, iso, etc.

The Wifi's initial idea was probably to get the image to Social Media as quickly as possible. And that it handles well for the speed as it's a small file.

I wasn't getting the over exposure on my D600 on CH, but on the D750 I am. So comparing apples to apples I need to figure it out. After it happened twice I use exposure compensation dialed down a bit. But still, I'm curious and I'm going to double check my d600 settings to the d750 and test again.

Do you need to be on a wifi network to be able to transfer images from camera to phone? Or can you be camping in the boonies for example? Also, can you transfer over raw files? does it automatically change it to jpg once transferred to phone?

Your phone can connect directly to the camera.
So you can be in the middle of nowhere.

here's the negative aspect.
The app software will download a "efficiently sized" file size.
for example. My iphone app images file sizes are about 350 KB ... that's KiloBytes for the camera Quality set at Fine Large which should produce a 15 Megabyte file size.

good for if you are printing right to social media and not someplace needing a HiResolution file.

on the plus side, the file transfer is fast (becz it's so small).

I have not checked to see if I can change this.

I was researching this download issue .. apparently
" To download the original size files you have to manually select the option as the default download size is smaller and more mobile-friendly."\
Nikon D750 Review - Field Test Part I

So I'm going to have to try that to test it later.

Once you get to familiarised yourself with the D750 I would love to hear how you like it and how it compares to the D600.
Is the AF better ?
How is the low light performance difference ?
AF is MUCH better.

Low light performance, well subjectively another stop or so. Can go to ISO 12k with little issues, while before nothing above 6400 was really possible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back