New lens, so two quick pics for some criticism.

cpolaris502

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally got a new lens after getting my camera last June. I've had the 18-55mm up until now, I just picked up a Tamron 70-300mm on Saturday and am trying to figure out how I lasted that long with the kit lens, lol.

#1. is my dog. My opinion on the photo is that the background could be a lot better, the things I don't like about it is the basket ball hoops.
IMG_9434.jpg

#2. is my winter vehicle. I think this picture would be a lot better without the fence.
IMG_9478-2.jpg

Why didn't you shoot the dog in portrait to get more of the dog in, and you would have less of the background in, always look at the background before shooting

Cant critique boring

#2 would be better without the fence, or the truck.

I agree with JimmyO, boring. If that is the best you can do with your new lens, send it back.

Now I hope I got you mad enough to go get some better shots....

p!nK

your pics are sharp which is great, but i agree.. i'd work on the composition. I can't critique the quality of the lens since I don't have one to really give feedback on, but lets see some quality examples of you using your new lens, not just random shots you took to test it out. :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments, they are understood.

I did actually get a picture of the full dog, I didn't like it as much as the other though.
IMG_9435.jpg

ya he kinda looks a little ratty (no offense at all! please don't take it as an insult to your dog, he's a sweetie! I love those dogs, I wish our condo would let us have big ones like that.) but i guess with the toy all chewed and stuff... i just dont see a pic that is giving the dog justice. Plus, the contrast is very high and the shadows are pretty hard. How about a shot of him lying down and you lying down in front of him in some softer natural light (maybe in the morning instead of afternoon).

Cute dog!

I'd try maybe cropping in further on the dogs face.

Three steps to your left may have ridded yourself of the basketball goal and the red..... ???.... red stuff. A prudently placed reflector would have lessened/removed the shadow under the dog's muzzle (in both shots). Compositionally, the second shot seems better, but try a crop of the first in portrait with the dog on the left RoT line.

Nice red SUV. :meh:

I just wanted to say I love the dogs expression in the first one. Nothing technical just a positive. I have a retriever and love this expression.

Its funny when people ask for CC and then they get A**hole responses like some that i've read here. I think he asked to be helped. "Can't Critique boring" Really...maybe you shouldn't have said anything at all seeing as you are NO help. What about a nice suggestion of..look at your backround or watch your composition. No? Or how about congrats on the new lens...can't wait to see future pictures!

some people on here are assholes.

I agree with TynDre...I thought this was a place to learn things. Just sayin. :D

I see that now. It's a shame. I believe the title is Photography Beginners forum. And when someone is just starting they need help. I don't know...It's just stupid that people are lame like that. Oh well!

Its funny when people ask for CC and then they get A**hole responses like some that i've read here. I think he asked to be helped. "Can't Critique boring" Really...maybe you shouldn't have said anything at all seeing as you are NO help. What about a nice suggestion of..look at your backround or watch your composition. No? Or how about congrats on the new lens...can't wait to see future pictures!

What im saying is no matter what you do to critique them its still gonna be a picture of an SUV parked in a driveway. Im telling him to try to get creative. Sure its a good picture for an ebay listing, but doesnt it have any artistic value? No.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back