New lens, so two quick pics for some criticism.

People get so upset anymore when some is blunt. If you cant handle the response dont post for cc. The first 2 pictures are boring. Jimmy wasnt insulting anyone. Everyone gives different types of cc. He just didnt sugar coat it. If you cant handle it maybe you should get thicker skin and come back when you can take the good with the bad.

No, but thats not what you SAID. If thats what you were saying then you should have wrote that. "try to be more creative" It doesnt help someone just to give your opinion that its boring. For someone just beginning maybe theyd like to know why. Not just your opinion. Not trying to cause a problem I was just think things could be stated in a more constructive manner. Especially when someone asks for it.

maybe I am being sensitive, but I wasnt alone was I? To each their own. I know that I would like a little more CONSTRUCTIVE with the critisim. People are trying to grow here.

So do you think the OP things these are exciting images?

C&C = Comments and Critique

Cant Critique boring = Comment

I didnt do anything wrong. Im being honest. If the OP doesnt understand what i mean hes got some bigger issues.

No I dont think he think they are exciting...I think he was just excited to take a few pics with his new lens...

Well I thought CC meant constructive critisim..

anyways...I'm over it. You think one way.. i think another....and I'll leave it at that.

You are exactly right TynDre, got a new lens and was excited to use it.

I did not think these pictures were amazing, as i pointed out what I thought of them in the first post. I do appreciate all of responses.

To answer a few posts...

If I would have stepped to the left for the first dog picture, the neighbor's house would be in it then. And the red stuff is mulch in the neighbor's yard.

Sometimes critique of one's work is not going to be pretty, especially for noobs.

My advice for those new to this site, whether noobs or experienced individuals.

1. Do not take any of the critique as personal. 99.99% of the people here do not know each other.

2. Because this is the internet, it is difficult sometimes without writing a book to put in words what others will understand. Emotion or lack of emotion is only because it is ink on the page.

3. Listen to all comments. There are hidden gems if you just get past what you think is an insult. If you are not sure what the response means, ask the poster to clarify.

4. All personalities are different, hence all response will not be the same.

NOTE:
responding to photos that include people's personal belongings (pets, family members, cars, houses, etc...) can easily hit the wrong nerve....Thick skin is absolutely necessary for the sendee, and sometimes a little concern for personal feelings can be exercised. ..but, if you are asking for critique, please hold on with both hands ;)

The problem is mentioned right in the title of the thread"

"two quick pics"

Good images take planning, thought and time to set it up.

If none of that has not been done........

lol congrats on the new lens!

:p

Most reactions

Back