New Lens v2

That is very nice lens for shot after shot, congrats with your new glass. How much is it cost?

Nope my canon has no built in triggor like that - infact I think most canon cameras are like that. We can get an attachment for remote triggoring flashes and an off camera hotshoe that connects to the normal camera hotshoe and then runs a cable to the flash.

As for cost -- around £420 (online) in the UK and $589 US (first amazon price I found - average might differ)
Drat I hate looking at US prices - I keep thinking - "now if only I had gone on holiday my stuff would be half the price!"

This is your lens? http://kakaku.com/item/10505011330/ It looks way cooler with the multiplier and hood on!

Beautiful lens man!

Here's some links to print out for playing with or checking just how sharp it is:

I love the apparent sharpness in the bird feathers there. Awesome doood! :D

Yep that is it :)
Thanks for the links - I will check those out (probably in a week as I am off on holls today!)

I must say there are two big things with this lens that beat canon L lenses!

1) Firstly the lens hood - now the canon lens hood is good (and with L lenses you get the hood with the lens) and attachest firmly and securly - however is all plastic and it feels plasticy. That makes it feel weaker than the sigma which is some other material or coating which gives it a more riged feel. It also slots on smoother than the canon as well

2) Secondly is the tripod collar - with a canon if you want to take your collar off (say the camera is on a tripod) you first have to remove your camera from the end of the lens; untighten the collar screw; twist the lens 180ish degrees and then spend a moment fiddeling to find the magic spot at which it will slot out; then reattach your camera, turn it on -- and whatever it was you were going to shoot is gone!
With the sigma you untighten the screw; pull the screw out as far as it will go and then lift the top of the collar up. The lens can now be lifted straight out of the collar and into handheld mode - much quicker and no need to remove and reattach the camera.

Of course one can just use the quick release plate and then twist the collar round out of the way - but still the convenience of the sigma is very handy to have.

Most reactions

Back