I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I received my new lens last night. It's the magnificent EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS. :D :D :D

I've rented this lens before and used other people's...so I know all about it...but this one is mine...and all shiny and new. Plus, just think of how cool I will look with a white lens...and a red ring on the front. :D

It is, of course, a top of the line lens and that is easily apparent when using it and especially when viewing the images, even on the LCD screen. The bokeh is so creamy smooth...it's delicious.

The IS is nothing short of amazing, especially on a long lens like this. I was getting sharp images, hand held, at 200mm with a shutter speed of 1/20.

Here is a sample image.
200mm F2.8 1/20 ISO 400
951-70-200-20.jpg

NICE!!!
I know you will enjoy it.
Now we will have to get together and go do some shooting, with just our long lenses.
Are you booked this weekend?

Sweet. Can't wait to see you get out and get some photos with the new lens. I'd like to have the Nikon variant someday though I'd probably only get to use it once before getting killed by 'ma lady for spending that much.

That's a nice lens :) I would like to have one.:lol:

Looks like the dog in the photo is thinking .... ... ....

"Okay now you have your new toy, so where is my treats"

Awesome Big Mike! Is that a 100% crop??? Great!

Thanks.

I didn't bother to crop it to 100%. I just cropped it slightly then resized it.

Great shot!
Thing that hit me about this lens was focusing speed - blink and you miss it focus!

though I am tying to work out if the red ring looks better than the sigma gold ring?

... offers Big Mike a can of black paint so he can make it look like a real lens ... :)

Congrats!

Great lens congrats and at a good price with the Canon special.

This was the first lens I bought after my kit lens. The only problem I have with it, it makes it hard for all my newer glass to live up to.

Congrats Big Mike!!! I lust after that lense, but for now my 70-200 f4 does the job for me.

Can't wait to see some pics!!

Congrats Big Mike. That is one sweet lens once the sticker shock wears off. The photos it can produce still astounds me even after one year of ownership. My favorite lens by far for shear IQ and versatility.

Indeed , it is an remarkable lens. I use it for shooting pics of birddogs at field trials and dog portraits like this one. But I have to clone a stick or two out of it yet. A great lens for low light as this pic also shows
IMG_0357_edited-1.jpg

Thanks everyone, I'm hoping to get a lot of use out of this lens and be using it for many years to come. What I really love about it so far, is how easy it is to get beautiful creamy bokeh.

I'm hoping to take a walk at a nature sanctuary tomorrow. I'll try to post some photos, if I get time.

Most reactions

Back