New Lightroom 2 user

Burrowing owl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As a relatively new user (approx. 6 mos.) I have two questions:

1) I have several files cataloged already (2500) but would like to rearrange and place on an external hard drive. How do I do it?

2) What is the difference in files suffixed with dng vs DNG?

1) I have several files cataloged already (2500) but would like to rearrange and place on an external hard drive. How do I do it?
You want to completely move the files from, for example, the c: drive to an external drive? For just moving them and keeping the same folder structure, you just move them. What you see in Lightroom is from the catalogue database. You will see a "?" up in the corner of the photo previews when in the Library. Click on the "?" and I think it will give a popup and ask you where the actual file is. Browse to the new folder that one picture is in, and if you moved the entire directory structure, all other photos will be relinked correctly.

If you reorganize and the folder structure is completely different, the above will only work by doing that with each and every photo. There may be another way to do it if changing the folder structure and I don't know how to do that.

Continued from mrodgers

If you reorganize, delete your catalog directories in LR and re-import using the "leave" option.

Q2:eek:ne is lower case one is upper case.

Most reactions

Back