New Macro Lens

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first shots with my new macro lens. Shot these with manual settings and manual focus. I really haven't gotten anything I really really like yet. I'm finding hard to get a nice sharp focus. Anyway, all C&C is appreciated. Anything at all... lemme have it. :D

4-20-09024-1.jpg

4-20-09035-1.jpg

4-6-09020-1.jpg

Holy crap. Very nice. I think I have the Nikon version of that lens on my Amazon "wish list."

overall they arent bad but due to your aperture of f3.5 the depth of field is tiny. In macro photography especially in areas of 1:1 or greater your going to want an aperture of f8-f16 generally. It'll make focusing a little easier as there is more leeway for mistakes.
#3 is my favorite though. Perfect focus and good detail :)

Thanks :) Lucky, I would recommend this lens. I think it is a very good quality lens for the low price.

dmatsui, that's true. I probably should use a higher aperture while perfecting my focusing skills... although, I really like the look of a shallow DOF when doing macro photography.

NIce shots!

when you are shooting at 1:1 you need a smaller aperature, as your DOF is very thin at f3.5. Even shooting at f13 you can't always get an entire bug in focus due to shallow DOF.

Most reactions

Back