new member- a few shots...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by conan., Jun 21, 2008.

1. conan.

conan. TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hey! any and all tips/advice/criticism is welcome..

all very carelessly post processed haha... would love some advice on post processing in general, any info or link to in-depth articles would be great

also about to replace my kit lens with a 17-50 2.8 tamron [i am on a budget unfortunately], good idea?

2. ANDS!

ANDS! No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Its a myth that theres anything wrong with the kit lens (unless it broken). You will be able to pull out good photographs for it despite all the ballyhooing about it being "cheap" and "plastic" and w/e else nonsense. . .just meme's that wont die. However, there ARE finer pieces of glass, but they wont all of a sudden imbue you with magical powers.

That said - super good track here. Second photo is STILL a touch too dark. . .

[​IMG]

Second photo - just went a little further on the contrast

[​IMG]

Good work though. I dig the top two. Bottom two - not so much, but I see what you were going for.

3. thereforeiamx

thereforeiamx TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like the re-edit ands! did on the second photo. i would tone the contrast only a little bit up on the first one though. not too much as to lose all the details in his hair.

for the third picture, i like the light bouncing off the bottles. but i'd focus on composition for the most part. they may transform your photography dramatically :)

4. conan.

conan. TPF Noob!

yea i just want to upgrade because i hate the aperture on the kit.. i don't like boosting the ISO and i would rather be able to shoot at 2.8...

5. ChickenFriedRyce

ChickenFriedRyce TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes, the 2nd photo is underexposed, the first is onlly slightly and now they're fixed. Next time, try using a spot metering mode on your camera so it can focus on metering the subject. Unless you're worried about the mood, then it's fine.

The last two are perfectly fine. I wouldn't complain about noise, the mood overcomes that.

And about the lens, I like the looks of the 28-75 f/2.8 better. But the 17-50 f/2.8 is still a great lens.