new member and desperit

univ`

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
practice....and then practice....and then eat some cereal*....and then practice....

*May I recommend Fruit Loops

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
practice....and then practice....and then eat some cereal*....and then practice....

*May I recommend Fruit Loops

Pray tell, do Fruit Loops help specifically with composition, lighting and focus? I wonder how they would compare, specifically, against Wheaties or Total... or even Special K.

Is there data to support this?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I actually can't see those photos...they are blocked by my companies new firewall...so I can't be sure.

Even without seeing them, I can say that your camera is capable of taking pretty good images...but it won't get any better by adding something, modifying or tweaking it.

I actually can't see those photos...they are blocked by my companies new firewall...so I can't be sure.

Even without seeing them, I can say that your camera is capable of taking pretty good images...but it won't get any better by adding something, modifying or tweaking it.

180 bucks gone to waste, unfortunally =\

but you read the specifics on what type of camera it is though right ?

the cannon powershot A630

i bought it cause it was like #1 in cnet at the time.

oh wells.....what camera do you think i should buy that can take photos like that thread i showed you....and whats the lowest i can spend ?

are you saying that my camera can make pictures like these ones
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97513

Yes, your camera can take those pictures.

Having said that, there is a LOT more to those particular shots than the camera... they are not good because the person used an uber-fancy camera, they are good because the person knew what they were doing.

Your camera is plenty good enough to get a really good understanding of photography. You don't need to spend a ton of money on equipment to take amazing pictures.

Additionally:

The thing I think you, as well as all beginners, need to concentrate on is not the equipment, but rather in learning how to see pictures in your mind... then make them happen.

You need to learn how light works, what makes good looking composition, and now to effectively set your camera to get the image your mind can see.

Let's take a look at the photos you have highlighted here... Take a good look at them, study them for a while, and then try to tell us WHAT it is you like about them... and be specific. What is it that catches your eye? What is it that makes you feel "man, that is a really good shot".

The number one thing a beginner needs to learn is how to see with the eyes of a photographer, and the best way to do that is to just start trying...

you want a dslr, any one will do, and, some decent lens.

alrite so i should buy a dslr and that type of camera will do the job instead of this stupid powershot a630 by canon that i thought was good.

do you think adding better lens to my canon a630 will make it better

or should i just buy a DSLR and do you know some good DSLR out ? that way i see how much money i should save..

Yiou don't need a DSLR, you need to learn how to compose, light and compose your subjects and that can be done more than adequately with the camera you have. If you go running off to buy ever more expensive and complicated gear without having a good solid understanding of the basics then you will never get your 'amazing' photos because you will always be struggling with the equipment.

Just practice with what you have, it can give results as good as just about anything else if it is used with a bit of understanding. The time to consider a 'better' camera is when you do find yourself limited by the one you have.

There is just no substitute for a thorough understanding of photography and buying fancy equipment is not a short cut to this. Good luck with the learning.

Yiou don't need a DSLR, you need to learn how to compose, light and compose your subjects and that can be done more than adequately with the camera you have. If you go running off to buy ever more expensive and complicated gear without having a good solid understanding of the basics then you will never get your 'amazing' photos because you will always be struggling with the equipment.

Just practice with what you have, it can give results as good as just about anything else if it is used with a bit of understanding. The time to consider a 'better' camera is when you do find yourself limited by the one you have.

There is just no substitute for a thorough understanding of photography and buying fancy equipment is not a short cut to this. Good luck with the learning.

i'm not that interested in photography, i just wan't to have amazing pictures of me on myspace like this chick has....the pics stand out more and the quality looks amazing.

you want a dslr, any one will do, and, some decent lens.

While I am certainly not against the DSLR (I own several) I think having tons of camera equipment is not necessary to take some decent pictures...

Here is an example: I have had several people say "man, those are nice pictures, you must have a really good camera..." which, of course, drives me nuts. It isn't about the camera.

So, this summer I bought a $240 point and shoot camera (a Canon A710 IS, a little 6x point and shoot) specifically to go out and prove a point. I went to a nearby zoo (St. Louis) and walked around it once, to prove that you can take decent pictures with a point and shoot. I had never used the camera before, had never even read the manual, I just put a memory card in it, batteries and off I went. I brought the pictures home, put them in iPhoto (no photoshopping done whatever) and the only post I did was crop a couple of them (the groundhog for example, it wasn't a zoo animal at all, it was just eating the rhino's food). Everything else is exactly as was shot. (In retrospect, if I had known how to set the white balance I would have been better off to do that on a few of the shots, St. Louis has a "red rocks" area that totally freaked out the Canons auto white balance).

Here is a link:

Inexpensive 6X Point & Shoot Zoo Pictures

i'm not that interested in photography, i just wan't to have amazing pictures of me on myspace like this chick has....the pics stand out more and the quality looks amazing.

Which myspace pictures are you talking about?

Chances are, they look so good because they have good composition, contrast,
color and clarity.

You can do that with that little Canon. You just have to do some practicing.

Most reactions

Back