New member asking for assistance please

greene33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I originally posted this in the new member/welcome thread but was advised to ask my question here.

My PentaxQ10 has behaved well for over a year but all of a sudden yesterday it started taking 3 pictures in a row. I had not changed any settings unless I hit something by accident with my fat fingers.

I believe it is called 'interval shooting'. So far I managed to find the place on the menu to activate/adjust interval shooting but cannot find a way to disable the darn thing. I did 'reset' to original settings but the interval shooting remains active.

It's not that I mind having 3 images at a time, but it sure will deplete the battery quickly when using flash.
Checking the manual was no help. Hoping someone can talk me through the process to get back to only one image at a time.
Thanks.

Thanks. That is probably what it is. I'll reset things and hopefully get it back to working.

greene33 said:
My PentaxQ10 has behaved well for over a year but all of a sudden yesterday it started taking 3 pictures in a row. I had not changed any settings unless I hit something by accident with my fat fingers.

I believe it is called 'interval shooting'. So far I managed to find the place on the menu to activate/adjust interval shooting but cannot find a way to disable the darn thing. I did 'reset' to original settings but the interval shooting remains active.

It's not that I mind having 3 images at a time, but it sure will deplete the battery quickly when using flash.
Checking the manual was no help. Hoping someone can talk me through the process to get back to only one image at a time.
Thanks.

THree shots in a row could also be Auto White Balance Bracketing. If the images look neutral, warm, cool, that would be the WB bracketing. If the images are normal, lighter, darker, that could be Exposure Bracketing to control the brightess, or the time duration, or the lens opening, of the exposure--depending on the xposure mode in use.

I am not confident that the 3-in-a-row is interval smode, but it could be.

Different Japanese camera companies will name the same, exact feature subtly different things, so look at Auto White Balance Bracketing to possibly be named something slightly different, and look to see if Exposure Bracketing might be called something else.

Could also be a best shot selector, set to take 3 shots; some go up to 15 or even 20 frames, but I think this is not your camera's issue.

Ohhhh myyyyyyy...I jus looked at the pentax manual and custom menus on-line for like 10 minutes. NO WONDER youy're confused! Soooooooooo many options! YIKES!

And, no, I did not see the WB bracketing I mentioned in Pages 3-17 of that on-line manual. So, if the density varies, it's likely exposure bracketing, as gooner suggested above.

Thank you Derrel. I have a hard time reading the manual. My dog chewed up the paper copy and I have to access the manual online. Since I have dyslexia...whew...it takes a long time to move through the pages.

One thing I do not like about the PentaxQ10 is that it is way too easy to accidentally turn a dial or push the wrong button.

I'll keep plugging away....

I looked at the manual: the PentaxQ10 is a very capable camera, with a LOT of on-camera menu options. And this is the thing with many newer cameras: the camera makers have gone a bit TOO FAR, in making too many options, using confusing menus and coinfusing symbols or words that do not make much sense at times.

I LOVED the engineering drawings of the camera! it looks so,so cool!

I liked that it was a small camera and very lightweight. Years ago (with film cameras) I had a small camera that fit perfectly into my hands. Dear (departed) hubby traded it in for a huge Olympus...good for him; not so good for my hands. Plus this Pentax is RED!!! Very difficult to misplace a red camera no matter how small it may be.

Most reactions

Back