New member, Couple of my shots. Critique me!

Rath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks, new here and basically new to photography. Would like to get some feedback on these shots and editing.

I know my edits arent the greatest, still learning lightroom but im open to any and all comments/criticism. These were all taken with my Sony A6000 with the Kit 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. If you would like any details such as shutter speed etc. about any shot lemme know.

posting in 1024px, clicking image will take you to 2048px version of photo.

Hey folks, new here and basically new to photography. Would like to get some feedback on these shots and editing.

I know my edits arent the greatest, still learning lightroom but im open to any and all comments/criticism. These were all taken with my Sony A6000 with the Kit 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. If you would like any details such as shutter speed etc. about any shot lemme know.

posting in 1024px, clicking image will take you to 2048px version of photo.

No critique - just praise! I like every one.

well dang, thanks!

It's a fantastic set. Absolutely love #2.

I prefer pictures 1 and 12

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Lovely, a very pleasing set of images :) Wellcome to TPF!

Wow! What a fantastic intro set. Great work.

A few things I may have done different;

In number 1, If there was enough water available, I probably would have followed the rule of thirds and moved the focal point (aka, the sun) a little closer to the top of the frame. Still gorgeous either way though!

Number 3 wants to be a masterpiece, but the power line going through the shot is holding it back. Do you have photoshop? Lightroom has a clone tool, but photoshop does an immensely better job when it comes to cloning, in my opinion. Easy improvement!

Number 4 seems to also have a hair under the second barbed wire down that could use a good clone brushing as well.

Disclaimer: I'm nit picking. Take what you like and burn the rest. ;-)

Love how soft the kitty photo is.

Wow! What a fantastic intro set. Great work.

A few things I may have done different;

In number 1, If there was enough water available, I probably would have followed the rule of thirds and moved the focal point (aka, the sun) a little closer to the top of the frame. Still gorgeous either way though!

Number 3 wants to be a masterpiece, but the power line going through the shot is holding it back. Do you have photoshop? Lightroom has a clone tool, but photoshop does an immensely better job when it comes to cloning, in my opinion. Easy improvement!

Number 4 seems to also have a hair under the second barbed wire down that could use a good clone brushing as well.

Disclaimer: I'm nit picking. Take what you like and burn the rest. ;-)

Love how soft the kitty photo is.

Thank you so much! very good points and I will keep my eye out for such things in the future.

The first picture I wish I had more water, but there were some really ugly rocks juuuust out of frame.

and the picture of my cat (princess) is actually the first actual photo I took with the new camera! It came out incredibly well.

You're off to a great start! Really nice work for a beginner. You have a good eye. Welcome.

Most reactions

Back