New Member Hello

Pgeobc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to introduce myself to the board's members.

I started into photography in the 1950s, as a boy, and started darkroom work then. I kept on taking pictures through my college years and beyond, but had no access to a darkroom. During the 80s, I had darkroom access again, but since then have not had access to those facilities.

I spent my working life in another, technically oriented occupation and then retired. Now, I find myself returning to an old love.

I have owned and shot 35mm, medium format, and large format cameras. The bulk of my pictures, beyond the early 1950s were with 35mm. Although I have access to my wife's DSLR, I do not often use it, preferring instead, to shoot film images.

As the years go by, I find myself being more selective about the pictures that I take, preferring one really satisfying shot to a whole roll of snapshots.

I look forward to interacting with the members of this forum.

Welcome to TPF. This is a *great* time to be involved with photography. There are so many wonderful tools available these days--scanners, slide copiers, printers, computes, software, cameras, lenses, etc. etc. No matter if you want to work on older, archived images, or create new ones, the tools and supplies today are really great.

I'll bet you have some great images shot back in the fifities, many of which would look really nice printed fresh, either wet, or via a scanner and inkjet printer.

Most reactions

Back