New member in UK

Stormin_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and a beginner in 'real' photography. It's been a nice part time hobby for me for many years, and up until now I've been shooting with a micro four thirds Olympus Pen E-PL1 almost permanently in auto mode with the kit lens (I know, I know).

Very recently I've upgraded to a Canon 650D and I'm really interested in having more control and knowledge behind my photos. I mostly do walkabout photography but also tend to take pictures at any sort of event I attend. I have also dabbled in the past with some astrophotography. I like shallow depths of field. Basically an opportunist.

Anyway I look forward to learning new things through the community and getting some experience in with some proper equipment, and also taking my first steps in to proper post-processing and RAW files.

For now though I'll leave you with some of my favourite (but not necessarily best) shots that come to mind over the last however many years on my little Olympus. Enjoy :)

1. Blurry image of Moon (telescope used as lens)
iAtsCwol.png

2. Blurry image of Saturn (telescope used as lens)
GeOi4hdl.png

3. A sunset over a small village
rykDJwDl.jpg

4. Moon and stars from Spain (60 sec exposure)
sM5G3Wol.jpg

5. Poppy, one of our rats, in her hammock :)
6RPeyeAl.jpg

6. Child and swing, France
x18Xnirl.jpg

7. Parrot, zoo in France
v5fEuaEl.jpg

8. Sun and flowers, France
f2kgspsl.jpg

9. Tuscani, Thetford Forest
84t5Do0l.jpg

10. Tuscani, experimenting with light-painting (60 sec exposure)
csuLVOzl.jpg

11. Drag racing Camper Van, Santa Pod Raceway
Rv4BvW3l.jpg

12. Race car, Brands Hatch Circuit
AQAeG4Ql.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcome :)

Welcome aboard.

Hi, I am in the UK too..............:bouncingsmileys:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm in East Anglia but find myself in Scotland from time to time :)

Welcome. I take it that the rocks on the left of #4 were in Spain rather than the moon. I particularly like #3.

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back