new member intro

John_05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
after "lurking" here for a day or 2, i decided to join. from what ive seen so far, this looks like a great forum, with some very nice and knowledgeable members. being fairly new to photography, i need all the help i can get. :lmao:

i have always loved taking photos from the first camera i got, until now. when i was younger i had wanted to go to college to learn photography, but due to some unfortunate circumstances, i wasnt able to. after about 15 years of not being able to even afford a cheap camera, things have gotten a little better for me and i have been able to get a few cameras i like so i have been taking thousands of pictures to try to learn on my own. a few days ago a friend told me that i take some decent pictures and should look for a place online to get advice and to learn, so i happened upon this forum and had a look around.

as i said in the beginning, this looks like a great forum, and i look forward to learning everything i can during my time here.

the cameras i now have are a Yashica MicroElite Zooom120, Fuji E510, Kodak EasyShare DX7630, and i just got a Pentax ME a couple of days ago by trading a second DX7630 i had for it. i want to learn how to use 35mm cameras as well as the digitals i have, and i was told this would be a good camera to learn with. i havent had a chance to fill a roll of film with it yet, but when i do i will post some of the pictures here so i can get some feedback and advice. i will probably have a lot of questions, so hopefully i dont ask too many.

i hope this intro is sufficient for now. i dont want to bore anyone by talking too much, as i sometimes (often) do. i would just like to add a thank you to those responsible for bringing a forum like this to people like me who can use a little help, get advice, and learn more about something they love to do.

Welcome to tpf!!! i've been here for even less than a month and i'm adicted. Gotta join a support group...
Can't wait to see your pics!
:D

Welcome to the forum! Never worry about asking too many questions - this is how we learn. :)

I've shot with a Pentax ME for several years, and still use it for infrared photography. Great little camera. You'll really enjoy it!

thank you all for your replies. i am in the process of looking through my photo album, and will post a few pics i have taken soon. i just have one question first. is there a limit to the number of thumbnails i can post? i have about a dozen or so pics i would like to share and get opinions on, but i dont want to post too many.

There's no limit I'm aware of, but to make your posts manageable (and commenting on them easier), you're probably best splitting them up into a couple of posts. Have you set yourself up a hosting account (eg. photobucket)? It's best if you upload your pictures to a service like that and then use the tags. Rather than posting thumbnails, resize copies of your pics to say 600x400 and upload those - then people can see some detail without having to scroll horizontally.

Welcome to TPF - enjoy yourself :D

Welcome to TPF

The limit depends upon the Gallery - there is a limit to the number of images in a thread in the Critique Gallery. It's all in the guidelines.
If you post linked images just remember that the more you put in one post the slower everything loads - and some people are still on dial-up.

MY SHOES ARE ON FIRE!

Well what? Everyone says "welcome to TPF", so I thought I'd be unique... sue me. :p

PS. welcome to TPF! :greenpbl:

ThatCameraThingy said:
hey , Welcome.

be carefull, this place is addictive.

Hanno
Speaking of addictions, stay out of the Off Topic forum unless you're good with haikus. There's an infestation right now! :lol:

Welcome to tpf!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back