New Member reqires criticism

benaccent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my D50 and started taking some random shots, i liked this one and would like to know what you think, criticism welcome

DSC_0014.jpg

I don't mind it but I think that a more dramatic effect would have been achieved had you filled more of the frame with the flowers. The colours are lovely though. :)

thanks for that,all comments help in becoming a better photographer. i will bare that in mind in future.

image looks a little soft to me, depth of field is too shallow for my tastes and i like the effect of 180* rotation too :) (i just turned my head upside down to see it like that)

meotter said:
image looks a little soft to me, depth of field is too shallow for my tastes and i like the effect of 180* rotation too :) (i just turned my head upside down to see it like that)

I agree. I think it's because there weren't many flowers in the picture and the out of focus ones are more prevalent. Had there been more flowers in the background out of foucs it might have looked better. The lone flower in the background that is out of focus just looks out of place to me.

For a quick random shot, it is quite cool though.

Thank you all again for your comments, i will try to get some better shots that are more thought out

hmm, theyre not sharp, but thats easy to fix next time, other than that all i can say is, it's basically just a flower shot, i would learn skills with traditional shots like flower shots and water droplets on leaves and sunsets and whatnot, and then maybe try your own stuff thats less done.
nice depth of field

though I haven't tried too many flower shots, I did read an interesting article on them.

It basically said something like, what is it about the flower that is interesting? It's one thing having a close up of a flower, but another, having a CLOSE up of the flower ;)

This article suggested that if you focus on the pollen bit, (whats that called, the stamens?). it makes the photo much more interesting. No idea if thats true, but the photos i saw definitely seemed to have it going for them. Might be worth a try :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back