New member with photos to critique

anfernee576

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I wanted to share a few photos that I shot a few weeks ago for a local band in the Houston area. The band approached me about their promotional shoots, which I have never done before, and told my that they wanted something unique and different then any other promo shots out there. The place that they wanted to shoot at was very dark and small. They wanted a dark feel to the image and I wanted to incorporate something that said something about the band. Shoot with a 300D 15mm 2.8 at iso 800 under track lighting with a 580EX fired with a bounce off the wall behind me. The bands name is Deafening. My question to you is "Do you think I accomplished what the band wanted" ? Does the photo have that "promo feel"? Please critique. It would help.

Anthony

only thing I really have to says is the guy in the middle is a little off center. I'd say the space between him and the shouting guys should be about equal and have the same amount of negative space between...ok that is a little redundant but ok. Heh. I like the darkness of it though

ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you finally made it over here. I've told you before and don't mind repeating myself that I LOVE this image!!!!!!
So glad to see you here. :)

DramaDork626 said:
only thing I really have to says is the guy in the middle is a little off center. I'd say the space between him and the shouting guys should be about equal and have the same amount of negative space between...ok that is a little redundant but ok. Heh. I like the darkness of it though

good point. i really like the shot, it goes well with the name of the band.

Lighten the guy on the right, around his mouth, a bit so that we can see he's shouting. See if you can bring down the reflection on the middle guy's forehead. Otherwise, nice concept, nice execution...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back