Jackie75

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi everyone. My name is Jackie. I am brand new to photography. I don't even own a camera yet except the one on my phone. I am here to hopefully find some beginner information regarding which camera to purchase, what photo editing software I will need and whether I should purchase a new computer or not.
I would like to take photos that are clear and vibrant such as the one I attached but not really sure what I will need. I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 76
Hi, and welcome to the forum.
If that is not your photo, you should remove it. It is against forum policy to post pictures that do not belong to you. You could post a link to the photo or something.
Your questions cover a great range, and it would be easier if we know your needs (what do you want to photograph), and your budget.

These days you can get a very good setup for around $500, plus around $120/year for Lightroom and Photoshop.

It is a photo of my child that I purchased from the photographer so I am assuming that makes it mine.

I am mostly interested in photographing my children in outside settings. This will be a hobby. I'm not trying to make money or start a business.

hi everyone. My name is Jackie. I am brand new to photography. I don't even own a camera yet except the one on my phone. I am here to hopefully find some beginner information regarding which camera to purchase, what photo editing software I will need and whether I should purchase a new computer or not.
I would like to take photos that are clear and vibrant such as the one I attached but not really sure what I will need. I look forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks.
Welcome!

Depending on your budget, there are many fine cameras from which to choose. What is your projected budget?

Depending on what computer operating system you have, there are lots of editing softwares from which to choose.

If you actually need a new computer anyway, then you could consider what software you want and go from there.

Most photography enthusiasts will gravitate toward a digital single-lens reflex (DSLR). They will give you a measure of control that your phone does not. You can select one of the entry-level DSLRs or if you can stretch your budget a bit, and don't mind used equipment, you can get an enthusiast-level body and lens for about the same price.

Getting "clear and vibrant" photos is largely a function of knowing how to use your equipment. The example photo actually looks a bit soft to me. For people photography, selecting the optimum focal length of the lens is important, as well as understanding the effect of light and how to utilize what you've got to light your subjects correctly.

You can start by doing some reading about composition and light even before you get some other camera. Practice with your phone to get the type of photos you want, and post one or two on here for C&C.

Greetings Jackie,

Not sure what sort of budget your planning on, but if your looking for new/retail I'd probably recommend looking at a Nikon D3300.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back