New Model Mayhem Pics!!! CnC please :) 2nd time shooting models

In one the closer model is to close to the lens so looks like she has a giant arm and head watch the looming and perspective when you get to close.
I like the second shot, most flattering of the bunch, I would have tilted it exactly half as much, that's just me. The model did a very nice job on the pose, usually they have a hard time not crinkling up their foreheads.

The others are just ok, not loving the processing on them, don't hate it either.
I do not like the added elements of the plants, distrating from the model and does not add anything.
4 is a very non flattering angle to the model, don't show her that one.

Keep experimenting with looks, you will come up with some stuff that really works if you keep pushing your boundaries.

I can vouch for the NIK filters.

If you are planning to get serious about shooting you will need to streamline your processing. Time spent processing can be a big problem when you start to get busy.

If you really care about the quality of your product vs. quantity doubt you would ever want to send your stuff out to have someone else process it.

This site seems to wash out the colors and soften my images quite a bit.

Eric,
I think you need to go to the Edit menu and assign the profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 before saving your images for the web. Macintosh web browsers are fully ICC color-aware, but most Windows web browsers will assume that the image should be displayed as an sRGB image. I don't know what color mode you have your camera set to capture in, or what mode you are editing in, but I am going to *assume* you are editing your images in Photoshop in the "working space" of Adobe RGB 1998, but when you upload the photos and then view them on a WIndows machine, they will look crummy, flat,and washed out, because the Window web browser is displaying the images in sRGB mode.

Color management between Mac and Windows web browsers, and between the camera and Photoshop is a big issue. if you are going to display work on the web, you might want to WORK in sRGB in Photoshop. Just a thought.

Derrel-I have a mac. And I do work in sRGB. I think the problem is that when I bring them from aperture to my desktop, it ruins the pictures. I think I figured it out though. Before it was exporting them at 72 dpi. I bumped that up alot.

InTempus- I am not 100% sure where I want to go with photography at this point. Its something I enjoy way too much!! Shooting models is really fun but I'm not sure there is much money in it. Not saying all I care about is the money. I have a up coming career in civil engineering, so money isn't the issue. But it would be nice to pay back the 10's of thousands I've spent in the last few months on equipment ;)

To everyone else that critiqued- Thank you very much for the help :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I enjoy model photography too. I haven't given much thought about turning it into a primary occupation though, I'm pretty entrenched in my job/life at this point. I would walk away from a very healthy salary if I left advertising, and with a family and all... it's just not going to happen. Now, if the economy continues to tank and I lose that job, that might force me into going down that path. I honestly hope that doesn't happen though.

So I'm content either making a little side money or just doing it for the fun of it.

But if you're into shooting models, I still think it's wise to learn as much about Photoshop as you possibly can. If you were interested in doing something rather mundane like wedding photography, I could see paying some lacky $10 an hour to adjust exposure, color, saturation, sharpen and save your images. If you're into doing artistic stuff, only you know what's in your minds' eye and it's up to you to make it happen.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I enjoy model photography too. I haven't given much thought about turning it into a primary occupation though, I'm pretty entrenched in my job/life at this point. I would walk away from a very healthy salary if I left advertising, and with a family and all... it's just not going to happen. Now, if the economy continues to tank and I lose that job, that might force me into going down that path. I honestly hope that doesn't happen though.

So I'm content either making a little side money or just doing it for the fun of it.

But if you're into shooting models, I still think it's wise to learn as much about Photoshop as you possibly can. If you were interested in doing something rather mundane like wedding photography, I could see paying some lacky $10 an hour to adjust exposure, color, saturation, sharpen and save your images. If you're into doing artistic stuff, only you know what's in your minds' eye and it's up to you to make it happen.

I completely agree. If I was doing weddings I wouldn't bother with editing all the pics, I would pay someone to do it. But for models I feel that I should be doing all the editing, so the work is 100% mine.

Most reactions

Back