New Monitor...question

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Just got an LCD flat panel monitor, and a couple of questions. First, looking at some photos, it seems that they show a lot more hotspots than my old CRT. Anybody else experience this?

And more importantly, the monitor (HP f1703) allows me to set the color temp at 6500K or 9300K. Which is better? I'm thinking 9300K because that'll be closer to a 'natural sunlight' look. Certainly, the whites look a lot cleaner and crisper at that setting. But the photos aren't quite as 'warm' at that temp. So I'm worried that I'll over-saturate or over-warm them when I do my PS post work. :|

i've given up on monitors. Work won't buy me a decent one and the one i've got is sometimes bright and clear, sometimes dull and fuzzy and most of the time it gives me a headache. Oh what i'd do for a big lcd flat screen apple display at least.....

Interesting, I never noticed the color temp thing before. I have mine at 7800. Sorry I can't help much either. I do think lcds tend to be less dark, so your pics shouldl be brighter now.

Maybe just find all of the online calibration things and run through them seeing what you get? Heck I dunno...

Most reactions

Back