New Nikon 7500

didnt nikon rumors just put out an article about possible d7300 specs?
so which one is it? 7300 or 7500?

Whatever number they slap on it, I hope it sticks around a Grand (about half of the D500).

Whatever number they slap on it, I hope it sticks around a Grand (about half of the D500).
Wasn't the D7200 about $1200 retail when it came out.
Expect $1295-1395 or a bit more depending how much buffer they put in it to support that 8fps.

I expect it to be $1299 to start, $1199 after 6 months of being on the market and for the following 12 months or so, and $1099 on close-out at the end of life and once it is one-generation-behind. Seems about the way Nikon has done things with its top Enthusiast Segment model.

I'm excited to see how camera technology is progressing!

Interesting. For me personally the buffer increase to 50 RAW's is the biggest plus (and maybe the 1-2 fps increase), and of course the better focussing. My D7200 is just over a year old (15k shots), so it should last me a good 6-8 years yet. I will probably upgrade when the D8500 comes out :biggrin-93:

The D7500 is faster, less in weight, flipscreen and better sensor than the D7200, with currently having the D7100 this sounds like a solid upgrade.
the thing I really like about this series is the U1 and U2 possibility.
the D500 is more in weight, but still faster and more focus points and overall it might be a bit better, but the price difference...wooh! and It doesn't have flash or the U1, U2 option that I like so much.
downside of the D7500 seems to be it only has 1 SD slot? Well, not that big of an issue (if you have 32GB+), but people like the 2nd one for backup. or for birding/wildlife the 2nd one is always handy.
It really feels that an upgrade from the D7100 to D7500 will be the best option for me instead of the D500, The money I save with it will get me another lens.
Lets wait till this summer :)

The d7500 at that price point is better than the d500, at least for me. There's a few options on the d500 that I really like but I don't have those on the d750 anyways. The d500 was a large price $$$ to swallow but I bought it anyways due to the features but the d7500 has a lot of those now.

The d500's 253 focus points is a different beast probably best for birders but it was a learning hinderance for me. I think this is going to steal a lot of sales from the d500.

Truthfully I wish the d500 was 24mp too. The switch to 20 allows faster FPS and better low light but I would have preferred 24.

ZZZzzz...Not anticipating an avalanche of D7200 trade-ins.

I would like to see a new film camera...

Upgrade time.:eyebrows:
I think the D7500 is a good upgrade even if you have a D7200.

briefly I contemplated selling my d500 and get a d7500. Except I'd lose $$ in that trade and there's some features I really like with the D500 that is only with the pro bodies. So I'll hold on to mine.

Most reactions

Back