New Nikon DSLR models?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Chase, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Don't think I've seen any mention of it here yet, but according to dpreivew.com, it appears there are a couple of new Nikon models in the works...

2. Ant

Ant TPF Noob!

Well....one new model and one teeny weeny update to an existing model.

3. Shilts

Shilts TPF Noob!

Nikons' web site has details of the D70s & D50. But I had an interesting conversation with the sales chap in the Photo shop that I use. We were discussing the merits of a Cannon DSLR (can't remember which model) over the D70, and in passing he said that if I was considering the D70 it might be worth waiting a while as " I haven't been told NOT to mention it...."(said salesman) Nikon are bringing out the D200 next year, sometime between January - May. This is to compete with cannons' 20d.
    How True this is, I don't know but I have no reason not to. I guess we'll just have to watch this space as they say !

4. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Sounds like a reasonable suggestion, I'd have to believe Nikon is working on a more direct competitor.

5. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nikon is bringing out their competition to the 20D next year? By then Canon will have put out the 30D.

6. DocFrankenstein

DocFrankenstein Clinically Insane?

Yeah... and it will be on the shelves when canon releases the 40D :lol:

7. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Yeah... I just bought a Nikon D2X... Joking of course, but we can dream right?

8. Hellashot

Hellashot TPF Noob!

I agree! What a joke Nikon is always being so far behind in the game, playing catch up and taking a year to try and play with Canon. I think their release of 2 new 6MP dSLRs this year (sometime) is another joke. Nikon is getting turned upside down in the wake that Canon leaves them in.

9. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

The punchline is that the Nikon D70 is put in comparison to the 10D, 20D, 300D and 350D and in a lot of ways takes them out. Even funnier that the D70 was the DSLR of the year for 2004 over everything that Canon released. :biglaugh:

Okay...one more...We own Canon and Nikon and I love them both but numbers talk...

10. craig

craig TPF Noob!

And Nikon has better glass!!! I am going to beat you up after school if you make fun of Nikon one more time.

11. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

:lmao: I don't want to fuel up another of the endless Nikon/Canon debates. They are both awesome camera manufacturers and neither of them need to have mud slung at them. I'm just waiting until I release my Hobbmatic 2005 and they'll all bow at the feet of the best digital camera maker on the planet. :D

12. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I will definitely write you a check for the Hobbmatic 2005! Maybe we are all fools and should drop our hard earned 5,000 for the Kodak DCS Pro*SLR/c. That accepts Nikon or Cannon Lenses. Or the Leica Digi?

The point of "it's the photographer not the camera" needs to be mentioned. That little statement is not exactly true. I need a D2X and my editors could not agree more. I have always had the small detail of actually paying for the damn thing to contend with.

The amount of unanswerable questions in art and photography never ceases to amaze me. If anyone is actually concerned with resolution and quality; just drop 600 for an old school Rollei medium format deal.