New Nikon Firmware For D750, D610 & D600

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally Nikon decides to update the firmware for the D750, D610 and D600 to allow full compatibility of the new AF-P lenses.

Nikon | Download Center

I'd recommend you update yours to the latest version, because it's quite possible they fixed bugs that they didn't mention in the release notes that could actually make your camera even more stable. But who knows.

The reason I say this is because I previously had weird focus issues when using the 50 1.8G and now after the update, its focus perfectly and even quicker it seems.

wtf. why didn't they add stuff like highlight-weighted metering?

wtf. why didn't they add stuff like highlight-weighted metering?

yeah unfortunately, they didn't add any features. But I think they added something to the D5. But not all of us can afford a freaking D5 lol.

Thanks; updating now.

It would seem to make more sense to update the dx line for these lenses, wonder is that the plan

The REAL GEM that I see in this is the firmware update that adds a "tag" to a number of older Nikkor lenses!!! Woo-hooo! SOme of the older 1990's and early 2000's AF and AF-D lenses, and a whole batch of Ai and Ai-S-era Nikkor lenses will now be able to have vignetting control applied to them on in-camera created JPEGS, on in-camera edited NEFs-to-Jpeg exports,, but more importantly to me, there is a long list of lenses whichare now going to have their ID's added, so that Lightroom can apply profile corrections to the .NEF files! I own and use a bunch of those older Nikkor lenses, which were considered, apparently, too old and outdated, to be included in the list of "modern Nikkors".

Case in point....the older 28-80 D and G-series models...now added...now officially "recognized" by the camera's firmware, and thus, "tagged" so that bopth the camera itself, and post-processing software apps can apply the right corrections to the images created by a long list of older Nikkor lenses,both prime and zoom, from multiple decades of production.

D610 is better than d750

D610 is better than d750
Yup, the d6x0 is very nice. I had one for a couple years. I sold it though after I had my d750 for a while as I liked the features better for what I need and use that the d6x0 lacked.

Nice! That is the first I'd heard about this update.

D610 is better than d750
Yup, the d6x0 is very nice. I had one for a couple years. I sold it though after I had my d750 for a while as I liked the features better for what I need and use that the d6x0 lacked.

So, it worked. They got you to buy a new one. Get ready for the 760. :345:
No. Not at all. You don't know what things the D750 can do that the d600 can't do nor for what my needs are. I don't plan on upgrading to the D760 any time soon. The d750 works great for what I need it to.

Ask Derrel about his D610 some time too.

I was joking about the 610 Vs 750 cos I have a 610 and couldn't afford the 750. Next time I'll put a smiley face, and yes I used a 750 and do know the difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back