New Old Camera

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by WDodd, Jun 5, 2008.

1. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I wasn't sure where to put this so here it is. :D

My mom's uncle shipped me an old camera of his, a Nikon FM2 with 3 lenses (50mm, 28mm f/2.8, and 105mm f/2.5) and a Speedlight SB-15 and I'm pretty excited about it. Turns out my mom bought the camera when she was in college and sold it to her uncle for some spare cash back in the day.

Even though I have everything Canon I'm excited to play with this camera, and make some photographs with it. Anyone have some thoughts on this camera? I did a quick Google search to get some background info on it sounds pretty slick.

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    As a Nikon FE owner (few years before the FM series) you'll be pleased with it. I still use my FE, and just started developing my own black and white film.

I suggest you look into that too. Costs less than $50 to get a film development setup. The chemicals are dirt cheap, just the development tank costs $30

3. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I was thinking about setting something up for that. How hard is it to learn to develop b&w?

4. Early

Early TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's a great camera with aperture, and metered manual exposure control, a 1/4000 sec shutter speed, up to 1/250 sec sync speed, and very easy to master, even without instructions. But do invest in the MD 12 motor drive for it.

5. Early

Early TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not hard at all. Some tedious work involved, so you have to be up for that. Less boring than sitting in front of a computer, IMO.;)