New (old) cameras

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Big Mike, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    A former neighbor of mine gave me some old cameras & stuff. Her husband, who was an artist, passed away earlier this year and she just wanted to get rid of them.

I didn't take any photos of the gear yet and I don't have it in front of me...but off the top of my head...

A Canon T70. It's one of the first 'computerized' SLR cameras from Canon (maybe from anyone). It's manual focus (uses FD lenses) but it has auto metering, with a few different modes. It seems to work pretty well and I'm excited to finally have a camera that uses FD lenses. They can be dirt cheap on the used market. This camera came with a 50mm F1.2 lens.

There was two or three Pentax lenses (he also had a Pentax camera, but it's MIA). They look to be of pretty good quality. There is also a set of extension tubes and a whole stack of filters that will fit these lenses. Now I need a Pentax SLR.

There were a couple of flash units, one of them looks pretty interesting. It has auto metering and can also be used via TTL (with the Canon I think). It has a tilt & zoom head and a full LCD display for all the settings. I tried it out and it seems to work well. It's not all that powerful but good enough to make use of.

There was also an Agfa Isolette camera. It's a folding medium format range finder. From what I can tell, it's an inexpensive camera from the early 50s. There were a few lens options, I'm not sure which one I have. It seems to be in good shape so I might try to run some film through this thing.

There was also a small ambient light meter and a bunch of filters, cleaning supplies etc.

2. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice! You'll find a cheapo Pentax on eBay, probably a K1000. You can also get a Pentax dig. body, their old lenses work on these.

The Isolette might surprise you. The rangefinder version goes for over $150 on eBay. Put some film in it and go shoot. ;)

Congrats on the 'find'.