New old film

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Rummaging through the old fridge at one of the local shops I just nabbed 2 rolls of Agfa Ultra 50 & a roll of Kodachrome 200. $5 a piece :mrgreen:

Hmmm... also still got some old agfa 120roll in my fridge ... but it is very old, not sure if it is still good ;)

should try it some day ...

What kind?

What kind?

nothing special i am afraid... just Agfachrome RSX II 100.

I just realised it now that I moved from one city to another ...

I am curious though if it is still OK-ish.

I have some in the freezer. It's wonderful stuff. RSX 50 and 100 have the most ridiculously spot-on colors of any daylight balanced film ever made, in my humble opinion.

Well, it used to be very popular over here in Germany, when Agfa alive ...

actually a former colleague of mine used to work there ... at Agfa I mean.

I have a several hundred rolls of RSX 50 in 120, and a stash of 50 and 100 in 4x5 I'm saving for a rainy day :)

I have a several hundred rolls of RSX 50 in 120, and a stash of 50 and 100 in 4x5 I'm saving for a rainy day :)

We use umbrellas when it rains...

sorry, just kidding ;)

I hope that some Chinese companies will start copying many of the off-production films in decent quality some day.
I think of setting up a darkroom in my next proper accommodation (currently just living in a shared flat) .. want to do more with film again.

I briefly went through a phase where I really wanted to go digital. But now I'm more interested in film than ever, and not just because fewer people are doing it. I dunno what it is, really. Lots of reasons I suppose. I'm really into 4x5 right now. I know a lot of great darkroom masters talked about nailing a process with reproducible results, but I've really fallen in love with the character of various films. For me it adds a lot of freedom to my workflow. I can just say, "today I feel like shooting something that looks like X," not "today I'm gonna **** around with photoshop for several hours trying to make this look like X, then scrap it and try again tomorrow, then decide the next day it doesn't really look quite enough like X." It's just...I shoot...and I get my shot. It's a beautiful thing.

Well, since I started ages ago, I started with film of course. Negative film, and later slide film. I loved it. Then I tried digital first time 3 years ago and it is great too. But it is different. I like both sides, there are things where I am glad to shoot digital, and there are situations where I want film.

Just for 2 years now I did not shoot any film anymore for reasons of convenience. But once I set up some infrastructure again, I will include film again im my methods.

alot of the things I posted on TPF were film in fact ;)

I switched from Kodachrome to Agfa RSX in the late 90's at the request of one of my main clients at the time. It's lovely film, but it hasn't shown very good archival qualities compared to the Ektachrome I shot then. The RSX II has fared better than the RSX, but neither have held up as well as Ektachrome.

Best,
Helen

I've got some 35mm, 120 and 4x5 APX 100 collecting dust...
I know its not color, but it could use a good home

Most reactions

New Topics

Back