New on the forum, question on image stabilization

N

nwcountry

Hi All,

I am trying to shop for a camera and have been using a Kodak EasyShare C195 for about 2 years now. I love how well this little camera has worked for me as I learn more about shooting photos but I now want to invest in a camera that has a bit more. First, I want something with more zoom:lol: So I can catch those things like little bugs on leaves and such. Also, just things farther away I can't get to etc. But what I need most, is a camera with an excellent image stabilizer. I compared I think it was 5 camera all under 500 dollars which is all I can do, and the Panasonic Lumix seemed to be best on that list (Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150). I understand this is just one person's opinion, whoever did the ratings so I am very open to hearing/listening to yours as well.

I would like to meet, if possible, someone else that has my problem, a tremor, although pretty slight, it can give me grief when shooting "free-hand" without my tripod. Yes I bought a tripod for my tiny kodak but it was helpful because of my tremor.

Again, any feedback is welcome:) Denise

Welcome! I can't give you much advice on a camera, because I have bought only one DSLR. But, I sometimes shake, and I started with a Fuji Point and Shoot, and I had a tripod for it. My DSLR does have a good Stabilzer in it, so it helps, but I think many have them now days. Hope some one can give you asistance:)

So what type of camera do you have bunny? I can take a look at one:) Denise

Most reactions

Back