new on the forum

phogan22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I'm new here. I'm interested in photography, but at this point it's more of a curiosity than a full out hobby. Thought I'd post some of the pictures I've taken and see what you think... They're taken with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel and the stock 18-55 mm lens

2595695322_1e6e654dc9.jpg

florida sunrise

2594860537_8ecc7875bb.jpg

Deal in Washington DC NW

2595695482_37767e04a9.jpg

ski slope in Park City

Any comments are appreciated, thanks!
Paul

Second one, hrmmm. Doesn't work for me, but thats probably because of the chain link fence. Not to say it couldn't work. Just doesn't seem to work here. Maybe the foreground is just too busy. . .
First one is cool, although Id've liked some detail maybe in the houses. . .the trees and the shoreline are great in black. However for what you have here, I like it.
Third one only thing that kills it for me is the glare. If you chopped off the quadrants containting that sucker. . .would be aces. . .to me at least. Fantastic colors though!

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately for the castle it's a barbed wire fence so that was the closest I could go. As for the palms, would it become too busy if the detail in the houses were brought out? And on the third I agree on the glare, but I did like that it brought a little color along with it

Looks like my early snapshots. Let your interest grow little by little or in leaps and bounds. However it comes. Don't push it, you might get discouraged. More than likely you've already made a shot that is SUPERB and you're thinking, 'I can do this.' And you can. KNowledge is power when it comes to photography. And the more you attain the better your photography will be. I would start with education rather than gear. You'll save a couple of years. Good luck and keep on clickin'.

wow love the ski slope one. lol and I'm so new to shooting photos I'd say keep the glaring light rofl. so don't listen to me :). as for the castle...could you accidentally put your lens through the fence and click away rofl. get caught and then go to jail, but any price is worth a Great shot right? lol.

A trick with fences... if you can get up to where the lense is literally leaning against the fence (don't scratch the glass!) the fence almost completely fades out. It shows up as slightly blurred or darker areas in the photograph but they become almost unnoticable.

I actually think the glare in the Ski Slope shot works.

Nice shots. Snapshots to me just look like random shots. With this said you actually took time to take these shots voiding them from the Snapshot category.

Most reactions

Back