New Outside Dog Pics with Nikon

wow love it...just beautiful.... i will start getting my horse pics too during the week..mine are still very hairy though.. not smooth like this... they still have their winter coats...

This one is the equivalent to $30,000 not mine though
what i love about this pic is the horses eyes.. they look so soft and endearing..

Thats because i always focus on the eye
Studio shot i think i used 3 lights
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Animals/Sues-DeerHound/Image00015/667796622_Edvkq-L-1.jpg

Get low. Like, laying down on the ground low. Also get far back and use a 200-300mm. If you have a 50mm 1.8 or better try shooting low and a little closer with that, it'll blur the background more.

Getting low puts more clean simple sky than complicating and distracting earth into the background and gives you more of an eye-to-eye with the animal.

Get low. Like, laying down on the ground low. Also get far back and use a 200-300mm. If you have a 50mm 1.8 or better try shooting low and a little closer with that, it'll blur the background more.

Getting low puts more clean simple sky than complicating and distracting earth into the background and gives you more of an eye-to-eye with the animal.
thanks i will try that.... today he was one year old... so this shot has everything wrong with it... but i love it... he is a ham
picsofwindowsandlucky013.jpg

This is solid advice. Here is one I took of my Vizsula, I was laying on my back....

Dsc05364.jpg

It was taken with my old Sony point and shoot so the image quality is not the best but you get the idea.

p!nK

This is solid advice. Here is one I took of my Vizsula, I was laying on my back....

Dsc05364.jpg

It was taken with my old Sony point and shoot so the image quality is not the best but you get the idea.

p!nK
yes i definitly get the idea.. nice shot for sure.. and beautiful dog

Nice dog! My 7 year old son sends his compliments, "pretty dog, I wonder if it's a boy or a girl". I read later in this thread that "he is 1 year old" I'll have to pass that on to him. What's his name?

He is a nice looking dog, and these definitely are improved over the first series I saw of yours. Glad your getting more familiar with your Nikon :)

Nice dog! My 7 year old son sends his compliments, "pretty dog, I wonder if it's a boy or a girl". I read later in this thread that "he is 1 year old" I'll have to pass that on to him. What's his name?

He is a nice looking dog, and these definitely are improved over the first series I saw of yours. Glad your getting more familiar with your Nikon :)
thanks so much.. he is a male... and since the time i brought him home as wee puppy... he has been the light of my life.. he is sweet, gentle and funny... no problems puppy training.. and then besides all this he grew into such a huggable fluff..... his only drawback is you need to spend some time every day brushing him.. only 5 mins will do .. but it needs to be done daily.. i give him a dog bone chewy.. and he lays there chewing it while i brush.. then i take it away until next brushing.. this way they learn to enjoy it.. :mrgreen: thanks so much for nice compliments..His name is Rex... but he goes by the name of lucky... not because he is lucky...because i am to have choose him...

thanks so much.. he is a male... and since the time i brought him home as wee puppy... he has been the light of my life.. he is sweet, gentle and funny... no problems puppy training.. and then besides all this he grew into such a huggable fluff..... his only drawback is you need to spend some time every day brushing him.. only 5 mins will do .. but it needs to be done daily.. i give him a dog bone chewy.. and he lays there chewing it while i brush.. then i take it away until next brushing.. this way they learn to enjoy it.. :mrgreen: thanks so much for nice compliments..His name is Rex... but he goes by the name of lucky... not because he is lucky...because i am to have choose him...
Thanks for the info. It's nice to hear the stories behind the pictures sometimes. I'm going to print that and read it to my son as the answer to his question. I think he'll enjoy hearing all that too :)

Most reactions

Back