New person here with pictures (Need feedback)

TheBenzMan10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

SAM_0042-1.jpg

SAM_0060-1.jpg

SAM_1313-1.jpg

SAM_1282-1.jpg

SAM_1306-1.jpg

SAM_0039-1.jpg

SAM_0011-1.jpg

comments, suggestions, anything would be helpful

Nice car, I think color would have worked better for most of these shots (namely the car, it's a modern car...doesn't work with B&W) and I see some leveling issues.

I really like #2 but I think some more PP work would make it pop....and I don't know if it's my eyes or the photo, but it seems like the porch is twisting a bit too...very cool either way lol.

nice composition in no1 and 5.
the canted angle in one is interesting and i like the mood and feeling in no 5.
agree with FattyMcJ the car photo would work better in colors.

For being black&white photos, they all are too grey, too little true blacks and true whites in them. They either need a serious contrast boost, or you'd need to plan for your black&white photography some more, actually GO for things that you already visualise as a black&white photo when you take it. Look for the necessary contrasts beforehand, aim for black&white, not just convert colour pics.

Looks like Greystone in north jersey. That's so funny the other day I was thinking, that would be a cool place to go take pictures. Awesome. Don't care much for #1 since it's at an angle. Love #2 really captures the atmosphere. I'd like to see #3 get more creative with the angle or something. #5 is off level as well. These could both be fixed pp pretty easily.

number 4 + 6 are the only two really catching my attention. Number 1 seems really uneven and unlevelled, but i can see what you were trying to capture. In number i wouldve probaly pulled down than barrier fencing as it wouldve probaly had more character to it but thats just me:lol:
Im a newby too though just givig my opinion to help you improve good work !

i like #2 & 4....but it looks to me as if u r using the b&w setting on your camera. i may be wrong....but if im right then it is much better to shoot in color then convert the pics to b&w in your post processing. Like using photoshop, or gimp.org, etc.
that being said...#2 & 4 are the most interesting to me and i think they would look even better with some more post processing...they do need contrast or the pic becomes washed out.

Looks like Greystone in north jersey. That's so funny the other day I was thinking, that would be a cool place to go take picture

It is greystone haha

I would really love to go back but cops swarm the area like it's a state penitentiary haha but thanks for the criticism

Number 1 seems really uneven and unlevelled, but i can see what you were trying to capture

For number one I was trying to get a kind of creepy factor but I guess it didn't work

Number 1 seems really uneven and unlevelled, but i can see what you were trying to capture

For number one I was trying to get a kind of creepy factor but I guess it didn't work

The chair and gazebos are what kills the "creepiness" for me..oh and the parking lot too.

#2 I love...although I feel like I want to level it to the left a little...I find my head turning slightly to the right every time I look at it but besides that...I really like the framing in it!

Not much to say on 3,4 and 5

The car shots I think should also be in color and on a neutral background...there is too much going on to focus solely on the car...my eye is drawn to about 3 different spots before the car.

Looks like Greystone in north jersey. That's so funny the other day I was thinking, that would be a cool place to go take picture

It is greystone haha

I would really love to go back but cops swarm the area like it's a state penitentiary haha but thanks for the criticism

Just for takin pictures? I thought part of the place was still partially open?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back