New Person, New Photos

EN-V

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First Things first, My name is Travis located in the U.S. (Florida to be exact). I'm 18 and enjoy photography, looking and taking photos.
Heres just a sample of some of my photos. C&C always welcomed :) I'm new to photography but would love to get better at it. Also I love Black and White Photos mostly.

l_3df484aeeffae9a235cc27e03038fb44.jpg

l_ead7a1dd2311467d62b71e88daf8d75f.jpg

l_01b9ffc84119bea0a7cf8f29f1af89e8.jpg

l_6cc7a2a9b26399ded53cf0f8302170e4.jpg

l_be08ff1fec0904baa7f2a355ee46b4a0.jpg

l_6557e8ca695bab2db5f5df71a97237cd.jpg

l_a0a8516d68adbce4405982bd7adc76af.jpg

Sorry for the size and thanks in advance for comments :)

Hi Travis
First of all welcome to the forum.
About your pics. I don't reall like b&w but I really like no#2. There is something about this picture I like but I don't know what is it :) Keep them posting.
Regards
Tom

Number 1 and 2 I think are cropped to tightly. First one part of the birds reflection is missing, and the second one, I think it just to tight to the ducks feet. Not a dog fan, so hard to comment on those ones.

Agreed on the cropping. Dog pictures are difficult to pull off. Unless they are something truly unique or amazing, they tend to look very "point and shoot". But maybe that is just because everyone likes taking pictures of their dog, and I have seen too many of them.

Welcome to the boards!
I'm 18, too, and also new to photography so I can't help you too much... but I'll try :)

The only real nitpicks I have with some of them is the composition... the second one, the duck is just a little too dark for me...
but all in all, I think you're on the right track :) You def. have an eye and just need the practice we all need at the beginning (myself included ;))

good stuff!!!

I enjoy black and white too but I think b/w has it's moments and not all photos should be done in b/w.

I do like #4 tho :D

Welcome!
C&C per req:
1. Nice image and good tonal range, however it should be cropped more tightly on the main subject. As it is the bird is rather lost. Also, don't forget to straighten your images. Water edges should almost always be horizontal (You wouldn't want the water to run out of the picture, right? :0 )
2. The bird is about 1/2 stop over-exposed, likely caused by your meter reading the reflected light from the water. When shooting images like this, always compare your meters exposure with that of the Daylight Exposure Rule (Bright sunlight: Shutter speed = ISO @ f16)
3. Overall this image seems rather soft and lacking in contrast. Be careful when shooting images like this, since with the light directly hehind it, you're going to suffer exposure problems.
4. Nice, well composed, and good exposure, however the similarity of the dog's tonal range to the underbrush leads me to think this would be more effective as colour image.
5. Cute, good exposure and tonal range (perhaps just a tad dark). Always try and shoot animals so that you get more face, esp. eyes.
6. Really nice, but soft in focus around the face/eyes, which is the critical area for animal photography. Also might be better with some of the dark space above cropped off.
7. Doesn't really say anything to me.
A few nitpicks, but overall some good work; keep it up, looking forward to seeing more.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thanks for all the C&C, appreciate it :), yeah I do need to work on them alot more and I will add in what you guys have told me. Again thank you.

-Trav

How are you doing your conversions? I think several of your images need a bit more contrast. My favorite is #4.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back