New photo challenge: Portrait-palooza 10/28-11/3

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this challenge, post a new portrait photo each day from a different category. State the primary category you’re putting your portrait in. Try to shoot a different type of portrait for each post. Choose from any of these types of portraits or add your own if I’ve missed a style that you like!

Traditional
Lifestyle
Environmental
Natural Light
Child
Abstract
Studio
Candid
Street
Fashion
Black and White
Formal
High Key
Framed
Action/Sports
Self
Shadow
Sidelight
And of course...Pet

Remember, try to post only new photos that you’ve taken for this challenge. Posting old photos from your catalogue is strongly discouraged. The point is to get people out shooting and trying new things. Get out of your comfort zone. I know finding “models” can be difficult for a lot of us but that’s part of the challenge. Be creative. Bribe your kids or your spouse/SO, sneak a shot of a stranger, offer a free headshot to a friend, take that portrait of your parents that you’ve been meaning to take, offer a TFP shoot, bring your camera to that Halloween party or dinner with friends, try out that portrait mode on your new iPhone...

Who’s in? Post the photos in this thread.

I've got some new lighting modifiers coming in today, so I think I'm game for this one!

I'll probably have to sit this one out unless you want to send Princess south for a bit.

edit: I think I know what I can do; we'll see how the first one goes.

I found a model and her name is Marshmallow.
I guess this one would be traditional. Possibly studio, but I don't have one. I really need to iron that backdrop.
She blinked.

Fantastic! Something like the idea I had this morning.

View attachment 148881

Nice creativity. I might have to break out the Big Papi bobble head.

Here's mine for Candid :allteeth:

22729194_10155808644976944_3762094544769680787_n.jpg

Pumpkin Butt and I are playing restaurant. She is the waitress. Looks like my waitress got into the deserts prior to waiting on me. She is also trying to get a tip without providing service. She gets one for just being a cutie pumpkin butt. Fujifilm XPro 2, 55-200. Slight crop.

2017_1029_17370600-01.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T377V using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back