New photo challenge: Portrait-palooza 10/28-11/3

Self Portrait, Fujifilm X-Pro2, 60mm F2.4 macro. Ambient Light. Acros custom film simulation (strong grain). Null edit

Healthy Man
View attachment 149012

A very sci-fi feel to this. Brilliant stuff.
Thanks. No models around so this is what I came up with. Got it on the 3rd try. 10 second timer. I can't believe how much weight I've lost. I guess I never noticed it in my face until yesterday. I can tell by my clothes. I was actually fixing an old late 90's computer power supply and got the idea. My eyes are not what they used to be so this contraption comes in handy. I guess I didn't realize the aperture blades on the 60 were so cool, have to do some night photography somewhere.

Self portrait/BW (with old friend)
self portrait with camera.jpg

Self portrait/BW (with old friend)View attachment 149035
Who's your friend?

My age-old Leica Digilux 1. Actually this photo was taken with the sister camera from Panasonic, the DMC-LC5. They were both in mothballs in the cellar until recently, but then the urge to dust them down, charge them up and get out there with them got the better of me. I'd have to check back to be sure but think all the photos I've uploaded to these weekly challenges were taken with one or the other of these old-timers.

Who's your friend?

My age-old Leica Digilux 1. Actually this photo was taken with the sister camera from Panasonic, the DMC-LC5. They were both in mothballs in the cellar until recently, but then the urge to dust them down, charge them up and get out there with them got the better of me. I'd have to check back to be sure but think all the photos I've uploaded to these weekly challenges were taken with one or the other of these old-timers.
Looks like a nice piece of glass on it. 4MP with wonderful glass, interesting.

I missed getting one yesterday - we went out for dinner so, by the time we got home, it was late and I was tired.

Tonight: Environmental (I think). Trying to get something special for tomorrow. We have a Fire Department function to go to Friday night, so I'm sure I'll miss that one, too.

DSC_0809.jpg
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Who's your friend?

Looks like a nice piece of glass on it. 4MP with wonderful glass, interesting.

Yes, the lens is very sweet but the chip is limited with the 4MP. Still, the IQ isn't too bad for a 15 year old camera, it really depends what you want to do and what your expectations are. The sky can sometimes be problematic since there tends to be some noticeable noise and the pixels show up a bit when cropping. On the other hand this can be an advantage for conversions since it often renders a lovely grainy B&W. Anyway, I love these fossils and would like to get hold of a Panasonic LC1 or L1 (Digilux 2 & 3) but the prices are a bit too high at the moment over here. Maybe in a year or two.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back