New Photo Challenge

graigdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For those of you who may not venture into the General Discussion section...

Here is the next Graig Davis photo challenge.

From my observation being on this board for a while I see a lot of the same pictures over and over. Sunsets, flowers, dogs, flowers, cats, sunsets.

There is something that we all are intimidated by that we would like to photograph, but just haven’t got the will to do it yet. Or maybe there is a branch of photography that you have never tried because you don’t think it would be interesting enough.

My challenge is for you to face the fear or to go into those uncharted territories. We all strive to get better, and the only way to get better is to push your limits. I know a lot of people have said that urban photography is scary to them. They wouldn’t feel comfortable taking their camera to the streets. Well do it! Maybe it’s doing nude photography, portrait photography.

The deadline will be the last week of August. That gives you 4 weeks to research and photograph and a week to prepare and post the pictures.

Who’s in?!

Urban photography?

Like this?

juan058-R4-049-23.jpg

juan058-R4-055-26.jpg

juan058-R4-059-28.jpg

molested_cow said:
Urban photography?
juan058-R4-059-28.jpg

hahaha, so many jokes could be made from this...

my biggest fear is shooting random people. this could get interesting.

md

This is a novel and an interesting idea :thumbsup:

I'm subconciously concerned about street photography since 9.11!!
When did you say the deadline is ?? August 30th?

juan058-R4-059-28.jpg

m.cow, there a Gay St. in West Chester- Philly. Is this over there??

MDowdey said:
my biggest fear is shooting random people. this could get interesting.

md

same here. what if i specifically fear taking photos of people mugging me, are you sending me to certain doom? :p :wink:
i don't get why there is a deadline for this... is it like the "a day in the life" thing?

StvShoop said:
i don't get why there is a deadline for this...

Good point. We could probably have a thread for this in the 'Photo Themes' if the public opinion calls for it.

danalec99 said:
StvShoop said:

Good point. We could probably have a thread for this in the 'Photo Themes' if the public opinion calls for it.

agreed, but we need a bit of a date when they should all be in so we can revel in our own uneasy misery.

md

MDowdey said:
danalec99 said:
StvShoop said:

agreed, but we need a bit of a date when they should all be in so we can revel in our own uneasy misery.

md

Cool... so August 30th; is it?

lol, ok. :lol:
this sounds tough. i've been pretty happy-go-lucky with my photography this summer. to actively root out a subject matter, as opposed to shooting whatever's in front of me, would be a big change.

StvShoop said:
lol, ok. :lol:
this sounds tough. i've been pretty happy-go-lucky with my photography this summer. to actively root out a subject matter, as opposed to shooting whatever's in front of me, would be a big change.

me too, but hey, whats a broken jaw from a bum?

md

How about a picture of where I was mugged? :(

(actually it was where I had my pocket picked and therefor aquired my souviner from the trip, a new wallet)

Would that count.....

Most reactions

Back