New Photo Challenge

I'm in. I've never taken a decent landscape photograph. I will try and get some of our beautiful state. Hopefully it will stop raining...

It's funny that ya'll started this. While I was on vacation, I wanted to try and take shots that I usually don't. This guy was walking down the same street at the same time every day. I took a picture of him.

man.jpg

This would mean I need to take pictures of spiders then.............. We need warnings on those for arachnaphobes like me :shock:

The Gay St. thing reminds me of a news article I read just earlier today about a street named Morningwood Ln. Somewhere back east it caused a bit of a stir as it was near an elementary school. This article was from 1998 which apparently was the career peak of Beavis & Butthead.........

to clarify, you go straight on a street that intersects with gay street :p
you can, however, turn right onto gay.

one time i was stopped at a light in a town i rarely visit. my friend asked me what the road straight through the intersection lead to. I had always turned right at this intersection whenever i had previously been to this town. Feeling adventurous, i went straight instead of turning, and i said
"hmm, i've never been straight before..."
*a moment of silence*
"omg, wtf...??!!" :lol::cry::lol::cry:
*smacks head 1million times*

edit: in a last ditch effort to stay on topic, is the august 30 thing a set date?

Ok, to answer come questions. This is another version of that "day in the life of" where we had a set day to take the pictures, then get the pictures up asap. This just gives the same time for all of us to shoot our subjects and post them. It also gives an ending time, then we can do another challenge. Although its not like you cant keep adding to the challenge after its 'over'.

And as for the urban photography, not just signs and stuff. its tough to take pictures of people on the streets. Though what you have to learn to do is shoot from the hip. Dont actualy stand there and compose the picture and point the camera. that pisses people off. Its still tough for some people to take their cameras out in public.

I know Im gona try to get someone to model for me. I have always wanted to do some artistic nudes. thats going out on a limb for me, maybe it will happen.

People....

juan00-R8-24.jpg

juan00-R2-15.jpg

juan00-R2-12.jpg

And this. There was a group of chefs hanging out at a restaurant after the lunch hour. I wanted to capture it but there were just too many people walking around.

juan00-R1-26A.jpg

Also it's hard for me cus I wait till I have about 6~8 rolls of negatives before I sent them to be developed. I just took the first roll and there were 2 kid feeding geese at a lake. So ya all got to wait for a long time because the weather hasn't been good and I really don't want to waste films.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back