New Photo... hot off the camera.

Angie_H

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this photo this afternoon after I got off work. The model is myself, as I was trying out something new...

Anyway, this is what happens when I get bored and have time to myself.

web2_edited_DSC_1333.jpg

Thanks,
Angie

I like it! What is that ring? Is that a real light, or is it PS'ed? Good looking model you're working with!

pascal

oh cool. the makeup is a little shiny for photography, but thats me. is that a round flourescent bulb? were are the connections? whats the deal? was any of it photoshoped (the light i mean)?

what pascal means is he thinks your gooood looking

Yep... just a round flourescent bulb from home depot. I bought a large bulb, and then found a smaller bulb (that has a screw in light bulb connection) The only draw back is that the cord was 3 inches long. I had to do some ps work on that.

The only photo shop was some sharpening and color adjusting... The only MAJOR thing photoshopped is my left had (on your right). It is actually a copy of my right hand (mirrored) because the cord/lamp apparatus was so close and a pain to clone out.

The make up is really shiny due to the reflection of the light being so close... Lots of lip gloss. lol

Anyway, this is what happens when I get bored and have time to myself.

You should get bored more often. Nice work, very creative.

p.s. It's hard to believe a beautiful girl, such as yourself...would have so much time to themselves... :D

I think that the idea is stellar. It looks like something out of a fashon magazine, and I absolutly hate the images out of those becuase they look so fake, so me thinking this is good is saying alot for me.

The light idea is great beucase it makes people think "what the heck?", and if people stop to look at it, than you've succeeded. That's why fashon ads work, becuase they have the models in unnatural positions in wierd enviroments. I seriously think that even if the light wasn't there, you would have no problem with people noticing it.

The overall pictures is simply awesome. That light is just sooo....intriguing and I think the eye makeup is good, but the lip makeup is too glossy. You still look so pretty and this would be great for a magazine shoot. Didn't that burn your hand holding a gigantic light bulb?

I keep finding myself coming back to look at this photo. The light is like hypnotizing...........:confused:

I really like this one Angie. I presume you are a pro photog, so I have a little bit of a nitpick on the catchlights......it kinda freaks me out that they are on the outer edge of each eye, as well as the uneven lighting on the eyeshadow on the inner eye by the nose. I think swinging that light a bit backwards on the camera right side would have taken that away, but that just a nit of a nit. Wonderful photo, original, well lit and processed.
Thumbs up!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back