New Photographer in Progress!

Ziggyt2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, my name is Tyler and I am from Northwest Iowa. Just wanted to introduce myself and get on the path of getting some tips on photography. Currently only have a TX1 Sony point-and-shoot, but really want to get a new DSLR soon. Lookin at possibly the D5000 or the D90.

Any thoughts on what my best route would be? And will I get flamed if I throw up pics from the TX1 to get comments and ideas of my photography sense? Thanks everyone and I hope I can contribute something amazing some day.

Tyler

I'm new here myself...so I almost feel like I don't have a right to respond, but I will anyway...

In my opinion, you should feel free to throw up photos with whatever camera you have! We should all understand that not everyone can afford the best camera, but photography is an art and skill, the camera is just a tool. In fact I always suggest that people interested in photography start with a cheaper camera and upgrade as they learn more.

That's just my $0.02 though :) Good luck!

Welcome! I am also trying to decide whether to get the D5000 or the D90. So far i am leaning a bit more to the D90 because of what some others on here have said about it. Also, by all means post up your pictures. We are here on this forum to help you learn all about photography. Again, welcome to the forum!

I agree. If you feel like you have a photo that you would like improved or need help with, then post it regardless of what you shot it with. Just be ready to hear and accept the honest truth.

Most reactions

Back