New photographer needs tips and a camera! Help Me!

<3, I'll get you a picture of the enclosure im building for my rebel as soon as its finished. I did some photography with it in a woodsball game last week......I hope you know how to superman without digging your barrel in, you'll be doing alot of that in game.......

What gun do you shoot? If you frequent PBN, PBF or AO, I'm the same Txaggie....

I have a Miami Effect Shocker and im an ASM on the Nation. But lets keep this on topic for now;).

I'd point you towards the DSLRs or a camera which can take filters. Just because some of the lenses on the P&S's are so small, if you get any paint on it you're gonna be forever cleaning it.

If you have a clear filter in front of your lens, if it does get covered in paint, you can always take the filter off, swap it for another and then carry on.

BTW - hello everyone, I'm new!

Yeah, good point. A lense breaking isn't too bad though, I won't be using the best lense to start with, so if it breaks, I can hopfully just buy a new one.

If you do go to a SLR and are looking for a CHEAP but decent lens I would look at the Sigma 70-300 APO4.5/5.6(non-DG... apparently the DG hasn't been proven to do anything and is more of a marketing ploy to up the $$$... at least from what I have been reading/looking at on comparision pages). I found a used one for $99 shipped. It will get you some range and you won't cry if a ball slams into the front. With a sunny day you should be able to get some great shots.

Flip through PBase to see some sample shots (obviously the action/sports shots would be of more interest to you):
http://www.pbase.com/cameras/sigma/70-300_4_apo_macro_super_ii

ETA: The MACRO feature is also fun to play with when you are bored.

Anything failry rugged would work. May I reccomend an Olympus om-10. They can be found at low prices from folks like KEH and have an apeture priority auto exposure system.

Most reactions

Back