new photos for old friends - C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by sburatorul, Nov 18, 2009.

1. sburatorul

sburatorul TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    it has been such a long time since i posted anything on tpf. Been really busy with college and work and now i finally found some free time. What better way to come back than to show you the little work i have been able to do and please feel free to hack them to pieces with critique. here goes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and two landscapes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JSD

JSD TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 is very nice, perhaps a little reflected, or fill light on her face? It has feeling, intamacy and no distracting clutter. Perhaps move her face down a little so its not scrunched up in the top?
    #2 is very sexy, invites a close look. I might crop out the empty space above the candles but not sure about that, might conflict with the four points of light on the right..
    #3 is an ok snap shot of a wooden building, too dark, lacks any real feeling.
    #4 is lovely, plenty of interest, mood and feeling. Could the foreground be lightened up?

3. Kpablo

Kpablo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I know nothing, but my favorite shot is number 4.

4. Pcubed

Pcubed TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1. Nice shot. Like the darker color of the brick wall contrasting with the lighter colors of the subject (clothing, skin tone)

2. I almost couldn't tell what was in the foreground. Maybe if it was a little less dark. And make the candles a little darker? I don't know anything about composition, so take this with a grain of salt.

3. Looks almost like a snapshot. It doesn't stand out to me.

4. This is my favorite photo of the bunch. The clouds and color of the sky just create a unique feeling/atmosphere. It would be nice if maybe the buildings were a little lighter. Not sure if that can be achieved.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  5. Weaving Wax

Weaving Wax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like #2, but like what's been said....I'd crop it.

6. yzrider344

yzrider344 TPF Noob!

i like #4

7. Plato

Plato TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here's #4 with a little bit of work.

[​IMG]

8. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 Good, not great, pic of an attractive girl. Something very personal about it. She is posing for you no one else.
    #2 Very artistic. Obviously a nude but can't tell exactly what I am looking at. Excellent, I like. Don't change a thing.
    #3. Very unusual church. The subject makes the picture. I believe other times of day would give better lighting and more interesting, or less distracting shadows.
    #4. Photos do not have to be great creations to be great. Again, the subject makes the picture. This would make a super enlargement. Is also a record shot of a scene that may not be around much longer.

9. Provo

Provo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Purple clouds?:confused: Blue fog? The house and the grass is better but thats about it in my eyes.

10. JSD

JSD TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    WAY , I mean WAY too sureal for my tastes

11. Layspeed

Layspeed TPF Noob!

British Columbia, California & Philippines
    Photos OK to edit
    #2 is very intriguing indeed :sexywink: Goes well with #1 :lol: The skin looks a little soft, but maybe that was the intent.

#4 is AWESOME (the original)

12. sburatorul

sburatorul TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thank you all for sharing your opinions. its sure nice to see people appreciate your work. i took note of all your suggestions and will be trying to see what helps.

@ Plato: thanks for the suggestion but it is not quite the feeling i was looking for or the look. thanks anyway.

about 2. well, i cant divulge what part it is cause i would spoil the mystery and yes i was trying to get it soft but not the grain... cropping it would mean to chop away the nice bokeh in the right... and i am quite fond of it.

about the first one, i know what you mean with the fill light, tried with the on-camera flash but i guess i didn't get the right power.

@ rifleman: thanks for the comments and about the last one, i am lucky to live in a country where this kind of scenery is still abundant and it will be for a long time... to bad not all things are as good around here...