New photos from new photographer. (12 photos)

mschoelen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelschoelen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I just started getting into photography this year with a PaS camera. (Cannon SD500) And then ended up getting a Nikon D50 about a month ago, before I went on a trip to Boston/NY. Ever since then I can't keep my hands off the camera. Now let me warn you these are deffinately not going to give you that "wow" feeling, nor will they be spectacular, but I could use some helpful tips if you have them. And if you wish to edit and repost images, BE MY GUEST. This was my first time ever shooting in RAW or with a SLR for that matter. I was playing around with post processing (I think that's what its called.) Give your honest opinion, everyone is entitled to theirs, even if they are negative, I want to know. If you want to see ALL the pictures I have them all hosted. http://www.schotography.com/photos/index.php

Starting with Boston
BostonNY06_0020.jpg

BostonNY06_0002.jpg

BostonNY06_0003.jpg

BostonNY06_0032.jpg

BostonNY06_0046.jpg

BostonNY06_0014.jpg

BostonNY06_0017.jpg

Now to NY

BostonNY06_0024.jpg

BostonNY06_0030.jpg

BostonNY06_0031.jpg

BostonNY06_0050.jpg

BostonNY06_0051.jpg

You have some good photos there, great for your fist time with an SLR. My favorites are #3 and #5

First of all very nice shots... you look like you definately have the hang of shooting and an eye for scenes...

I think the two shots for me that really stand out are 7 & 8. The only things I would work on is first doing a little more composure towards the rule of thirds in your shots. In learning and using the rule for a while you can work on jumping that fence from what you personally feel is ok... to what you feel are a large improvement. Another thing (one of my things I look for) is that if you have something in the picture that is going to get cut partially out such as the lamppost in the first I tend to try and move myself to where I get the whole shot. In doing that it not only allows a more comforting shot but also allows for some room for checking out different crops in the post processing. Of course photography is COMPLETELY subjective so my opinion is only as important as the next persons and none are as important as your own. I hope that helps!

Orgnoi1, thank you very much for your helpful feedback, I need really understood the rule of thirds, or really took much time to learn the rule, so Ive just been doing my own thing. On the church picture w/lamp post, I should have gotten away from it, but when I came home, I liked the picture, even though the lamp was sticking out. I dont know why, but I just tend to like wierd things like that. Hopefully next time I will get some cleaner shots though.

5 7 and 10 really stand out to me.

for 1, i would suggest next time you dont use the flash...or some sort of effect that makes it look like you used a flash :)

For the flash, are you talkinga bout #1? I thought in the end it came out ok, because to me, it looked like the light was shining on the sign. But im glad you said that because now I get an outside view. Thank you very much for you input, everything helps me.

number 3 and 10 are the best for me. nice colours and composition in 10. nice shots

Most reactions

New Topics

Back