new pics with the d40 (c&c welcome)

tron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i got my d40 a while ago and ive been trying to learn the different modes etc since my previous camera was a sony dsc-t1

this place is where theyused to test old packard cars

thanks for lookign. im not totally happy with my lines or theme but i figured this would be a good oppertunity to get some critiquing since i havent posted pics in a while.

DSC_0299_edit.jpg

DSC_0152And8More_edit.jpg

DSC_0174And9More_edit.jpg

DSC_0089_edit.jpg

DSC_0185_edit.jpg

DSC_0209_edit.jpg

DSC_0278_edit.jpg

DSC_0310_edit.jpg

9. not sure what version i like more

a.
pano1_edit_2_resize-1.jpg

b.
pano1_edit_resize.jpg

Neat. Is this an abandoned place?

On the shots- colors seem a bit off... maybe washed out too. Not so much on the last one, but... or was the coloring intentional? Aging?

Horizon in 8 should be leveled.

I personally find the vignetting distracting, but that's just me.

7 seemed kinda neat but probably needs the colors and such recovered... probably a bit of contrast too. Likely will make that one pop.

Seems like a ton of potential in 6, but I think the composition missed it. Looks like a rather sad, or possibly very quiet and secluded space... you could probably bring a lot of that out in a different framing. As it is, a lot of your attention is just drawn to the backhoe (a tragic scene ruiner by itself). By the way, this one needs some levelling as well.

I think 1 and 3 were cool. Nicely done aside from the color issues.

thanks a lot for the critiques! :hug::

the colors were my lame attempt at being creative lmao so was the vignetting. ill try to reedit some of them and post em up later on.

Hey you only got one set of comments... don't go on my word alone! :)

Most reactions

Back