New Picture

What's wrong with picasa when you don't have anything else?

I started out using Picasa, then photo bucket, then picnik and now I have photoshop and no clue how to use it. I've had to work with what I had available to me.

What's wrong with picasa when you don't have anything else?

Nothing, nothing at all. Is that all you have taken from this thread? A comment on Picassa?

I agree with what others are saying. This type of photo should not be causing huge issues if the basics are understood. The focus was off, everything was in automatic giving you no control over what the camera is doing. You would be just as well off using a point and shoot for this type of result.

The setting is really nice. I would love to have that nearby, although would hesitate having a kid sit on a historical item such as that, but whatever. Moving more to your left, getting more of the historical thing he is sitting on in view, cutting out some of the background, actually focusing on his face, controlling your camera as there is no need for an ISO of 720 will hinder the image quality, so avoiding that is a must.

Seriously, you need to sit down and learn to take in focus images using manual camera settings. Don't worry about composition, dont worry about "my clients like it, so its good", don't worry about being paid, don't worry about post processing.

Your clients dont know photography. Most clients do not. But its YOUR job as a photographer to give them a quality product in the eyes of the market, not in their eyes. If you stride to satisfy someone who knows nothing, you aren't going very far.

I started out using Picasa, then photo bucket, then picnik and now I have photoshop and no clue how to use it. I've had to work with what I had available to me.

Photobucket is an image storage site that will do basics to your image...and the way it treats images is not too pretty.

Photoshop may be a bit too high end for you at this point, unless you plan on taking classes or following basic tutorials. I would suggest Lightroom or Photoshop Elements. Elements is just like its big brother, but without all the glitz and glamour that Photoshop is for graphics. Elements is a great program to learn how to work with layers and manipulations for a photographer.

But again, no software will do crap if you can't get the basics right. You can be a black belt in photoshop and you won't be able to do much if the picture is blurry and has severe blow outs all over the place

Fun picture ;) Focus is on some of the ironwork rather than the little guy. Shifting your POV slightly left to separate the background or branches from his head. Or a shallower depth of field would work also. Crop out the overhead beam. 7:5 ratio maybe. Exposure is reasonable. There is some sky tone there and in the grass in direct sunlight. Maybe you could have tried a few from slightly different positions. Begin much closer, then step back, a little further away, etc, etc. The jumble of ironwork is quite random, so its hard to guess at without doing it. The steering wheel obviously is a key prop. IMO the wooden structure, the seat and the field beyond are attractive elements to try to use in-shot.

Its soft, his arm is missing, the composition is boring, the lighting is dull, but overall, this is representative of your style.

smoking-crab.gif

It's just not getting old...

You guys all just need to give it up. Its obvious she is not looking to improve, she is just trolling for compliments.

You guys just need to give it up. Someone picked up this post from last week just so you all could mess with me more. There's some really great people on here that has offered me some really straightforward advice and I'm going to take that a run with it. To the rest of y'all have fun being who you are bc your not amusing anyone but each other and showing your true colors.

I liked picasa:(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back