New product shot. Liquid fun

Discussion in 'Commercial/Product photography' started by shorty6049, Jun 29, 2008.

1. shorty6049

shorty6049 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just playing around yesterday and got this. Comments and critique ALWAYS appreciated. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Alpha

Alpha Troll Extraordinaire

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It could stand to be a little sharper and w/ more light on the neck. I also don't think it's exactly vertical. Other than that, nice job.

3. shorty6049

shorty6049 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yea, i was kind of having trouble getting the lighting on the neck brighter, i had kind of a wierd setup because i didnt want any direct light on the front of the bottle. and it might not look sharp due to the compression and resizing, but i think i could have upped my aperture by a couple stops as well, i just didnt want the edge of the acrylic to show up too sharp.

4. shorty6049

shorty6049 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    any other comments, anyone?

5. nynfortoo

nynfortoo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the lack of light on the neck actually works; instead of lingering around the top of the shot, as I tend to with bottles, my eyes are drawn straight to the branding — and that's what it's all about, isn't it?

I'd have to see it lit differently to be absolutely sure, but I'm not striking this down as a major fault at all.

I'd have liked to see a crisper, sharper horizon, though, and it does seem to be tilted ever so slightly backwards, as Alpha said.

But overall, I like it. It gives such a lovely glow and comes across as quite effective to me.