New raspberry fields

There are parts of this I like but there is a bit of too blown contrasting with a lack of shadow detail that loses my interest. I would have disappeared the two foreground poles and let the lines make the shot.

I like this shot. The poles bring an interesting context to the image. I don't like the, in my opinion, overly dark left and right sides and the tall tree and clouds in the center could use a bit of burning in.

Yes, there does seem to be a litle bit of an excessive corner/edge darkening on this. I dunno...it this day and age of Lightroom, it's so,so easy to apply vignetting. At the time of the application, I often tell myself that the darkening focuses more attention on the central area, but the later I sometimes revise that opinion. I think on this shot, ther entire width of the scene is important, so the edge burn does not help all that much, if at all.

On this shot, the two lighter lines that run down the center of the photo create sections, left, and right, which are interesting in their own right. For me, the darkening hurts my ability to visually explore those two sections. I LIKE the big, stroing oak tree in the center, as the divider, the ruler, of the scene.

Thanks guys for the helpful comments. I will keep them in mind as I rework this photo. I do tend to go overboard with the Photoshop.

Just for grins and giggles....opened up the midtones and decreased the yellowishness and cropped out the foreground as well as cloned out the poles.

tmorrow.jpg

Just for grins and giggles....opened up the midtones and decreased the yellowishness and cropped out the foreground as well as cloned out the poles.

View attachment 139900

I really like all your edits. I think I still get caught up with a certain idea and it keeps me from seeing other possibilities. In this case the posts. Removing them allows for a much better cropping. And just look at all the detail that was lost in my version! Thank you for taking the time to show me this. I'll use it as a guide as I rework the photo.

Most reactions

Back