New scanning software

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. I've been using the stock Epson software, and I'm not happy with it. It's been screwing up greens pretty badly lately. What's a good program to try? I've got a V550.

There's Silverfast and Vuescan.. I don't really know of any others. Personally, I think Epson's stock software is the best, at least for me.

When scanning color films, I do get a green cast sometimes, but it also depends on what film it is. It's usually with Kodak portra films, but it's easy to fix in the pre-scan stage with the color adjustment sliders.

I've used Vuescan and Silverfast. I like both but SF has better color capture and better film profiles than does VS.

Silverfast was always great with Epson scanners I use to have access to.

Dammit, Silverfast has no demos out there for 32 bit Windows. You have to take the leap and buy it.

Scanner died anyway. ****.

Sorry your scanner died. Maybe that's why you were getting greens.

The V550 is fairly new. Is yours still under warranty? Call the nearest Epson repair service. Also, if you purchased it using American Express or some other credit cards, the credit card company extends Epson's warranty a year so you have an effective two year warranty. The credit card company will pay for a repair or replacement if it's over a year. Check with your credit card company.

Most reactions

Back