New Shoot

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some shots of my friend Maggie Green, who is a Brazilian singer. The first is a possible concept for her cd cover, and the others are various PR images for web and print.

cd_cover.jpg

barefoot.jpg

tattoo_bracelet.jpg

man those are so deluxe

Good job!
I like them all, real high quality pics...
I guess the first one is the best choice for a cd cover.
Don`t you have some pictures with a microphone in her hand (our something like that)? I think if you do it like that, it would be pretty good.

Matt - Beautiful lighting, as usual. But, first one doesn't work for me. I'm not sure why, I think it's about showing the face from that angle, makes it look ... pudgy. Seems an awkward choice for cd cover.

2nd is my favorite. Great. Showing her bare feet and her relaxed smile makes her look natural and I like her music already.

I like 3 also, but the forehead glare is borderline (which is just my taste and no big deal). Great relaxed smile again.

Just a suggestion, but this woman looks like she'd look great in a Brazilian inspired choker. With her long neck, natural looks, beautiful fleshtone and a choker (maybe made of material, not necessarily jewelry), well, just a thought.

Thanks Jazz. I can see what you mean about the first one. If I had shot more from overhead, it would have lessened the impact of her jawline.

Good suggestion about the choker, and actually, she's weaing one in #3, but you just can't see it. My wife had a nice ethnic one for her to wear. I'll try and process another one where you can see it better.

Thanks for the comments :) I'm always looking to improve. The more I do this, the more I start to realize what I want before hand.

Thanks Robert.

Her tattoo is wierd. It is sort of blurry. It has halos around it. I left the skin softening off of that area, so that's actually how it was recorded. I contemplated doing some extensive cloning to clean it up, but decided it was too much effort :p

These are beautiful, Matt. You've captured her well and I think they will be fantastic promotional pieces for her.

wow, the second (with the mic) is great. if you were to crop it, i believe that it would be a great choice for the cd cover. and wow, your lighting is, if you didn't already know, superb.

very nice, matt!

i love number 1, 2, and the one with the mic...the rest are quite good but those are my faves. you're using 2 AB's, right? what modifiers did you use?

you've become quite good at your lighting...very nice PP work too :)

Thank you Alison.

Thanks Cameron. I'll look at potential crops of the mic photo for the cover. It actually allows more room for text, which is nice. Good eye :)

Thanks Daniel :) I'm using 3 AB's, and I also have a 36" reflector, and a large white piece of foamcore for bounce. As for modifiers, I have a 2x3' softbox, and silver umbrellas. I used different combos on these. I mostly use the umbrellas for rim lighting, on either side. The AB ringflash is in my aresenal, and is great because is has an umbrella attachment, and you can slip a softbox attachment over it.

Most reactions

Back