New Shoot

Great shots, Matt. I like the posing, composition, and much of the lighting.

A couple of things that take away are the pose of the head in the first one, as already mentioned. A small pillow under the top of her head would tilt her head up so that it was more perpendicular to the camera.

In most of the shots, there is some "forward shine". The high spots of her face have some distracting highlights, like her cheek, nose, and forehead. They look like they might have been emphasized in software, but that could just be a trick of the light. They aren't completely burnt out, but they do wash out the skin tone. I think they are least noticable in the first shot of each group.

I love that shot of her at the mike. If there was a way to tone down her forhead, cheek, and shoulder, I could easily see it as a CD cover. Instead of a crop, I'd extend the left side. Cropping would lose the great feel and impact it has.

In photo 3, with red background, the flesh is nice with the red toned down. But in photo 5 with the white background, it looks like you warmed up the flesh and added saturation. (Same model with wildly different flesh tones)

Anyway, I love photo 5 and think it's a winning shot, but not the tones in the flesh. The magenta and yelo both are up over 80%, yikes! (You knew I was gonna do that, right? :D) Sorry, but my eye just can't get past that super saturated hot flesh.

Lastly, I'd vote to leave the background white as the grey vignette looks like it doesn't belong.

what can i say....i love them all.....they are all awesome....Matt...if you dont mind...how do you acheive such nice skin tone?....i'm trying to learn

Just have a minute to reply here. MarkC, I know this type of processing is not for everyone. Love/hate I guess. I'm trying to master this commercial look, just to add it to my skillset. The client is very happy, and I'm learning, so it's all good.

Jazz, thanks for grilling my color. I'll have to go back and look at the WB settings. I just don't have time right now with lots of projects running. This client hasn't picked which shots she wants yet anyway. When I have prints made, I seldom have a problem with color. The color does not seem to red to me here, but at work it does. I know you are evaluating it through the numbers, so I will have a look back. Thanks again, and thank you to everyone for your comments :)

Matt these photos are amazing! Love lighting!! She looks very happy to have YOU doing her ph otographs

Most reactions

New Topics

Back