New Shot i took today. C&C welcome

yogibear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was playing guitar and just having a good time when i noticed how the setting might make for a good photo. Set up the camera and threw on a timer. The original was pretty decent. Im trying to learn more about photoshop though so i played around with some settings and converted it over to B&W, increases the exposure a tad and dimmed some of the highlights. Added the vignetting for effect. Normally i dont like vignetting but man i am really happy with how this turned out.

That said. How can i make it better!? Two things that caught my eye were the screen and on the lower left of my windows some reflections. Not sure how to remove them yet as im just starting.

Thanks

selfportraitsmall.jpg

Good start.

The composition is a little frustrating for the eye. Your feet are cut out of the frame and there's unneeded space above your head. The composition should either be shifted down, loosed up or tightened up.

Try Shooting the flash at the ceiling, or even the wall on the left. The direct flash flattens out details. Also, the sun coming in the window is probably playing tricks on your camera's metering, you might also have to boost the flash compensation on the SB-600 a little so that the sky outside isn't blown out and the interior isn't dim.

I terms of photoshop, the contrast is a bit dull. I would play with that some more.

In addition to the above, I would also consider using a much larger aperture to render the background more out of focus and less distracting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back