New shots of a Rockin' Chick

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not only are they for my portfolio and the models but a friend of mine did her hair for free so it's for him too.

Thank you for looking, all comments and crtitique greatly appreciated.

20070624_5038.jpg

20070624_5044.jpg

20070624_5041.jpg

20070624_5014.jpg

20070624_5103.jpg

20070624_5142.jpg

20070624_5076.jpg

20070624_5055.jpg

You can view the rest of them here if you wish to http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/deepspring/Taryn/

I think I can understand your thinking in all the crops except number three. why did you choose horizontal there. by the way nice job.

By the way I don't have a problem with the tighness of the crop, some might but it makes those eyes the center of the focus not the whole head thing.

I don't believe any of these were cropped in post, they were just shot pretty close. I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking during the shoot, just shooting :). In general I temd to like to use longer lenses and get in tighter to my subjects so that's what it is.

Also let me say these shots aren't specifically going into his (hair stylists) portfolio. I'm going to be shooting his portfolio sometime this summer. He's just a friend of mine and I asked him if he could do me the favor and cut her hair and I'd give him any shots he wanted. So the focus of the shoot wasn't really trying to show off the hair cut so much as just the overall model.

Thank you

have you ever seen philip warners gf? thats a similar expression to what she has in alot of the shoots.

i normally don't notice stuff like this, but the border is more tall than wide . . . and a little large for my taste (except for where there is text)

you can click canvas size, relative and add .5 and .5 or however much and it will be the same size border all around.

I don't think I've seen her.

The boarders are a little big for my taste too. I intentionally made the sides a little smaller so the overall boarder would be a little smaller.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to keep the boarder smaller but still have it big enough for the 2 lines of text?

I think she's a great subject, love a lot of the shots, but she really needs to be more expressive. #6 is the one that stands out to me most. I like it, the angle, the crop, very nice.

The forth and sixth are my favorites. She has a nice look. Watch your cropping though. Cutting off the top of the head is okay if you leave room for the chin, and it's ok to chop the chin if the crown of the head is intact, but not both.
Well done otherwise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back