- New Shots -

IndieMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please comment and tell me what ya think.

I really like photos in black and white, they seem so much more... interesting.

I was thinking of taking all my photos in black and white.. just a few colour.

I think when photos are in black and white you take the time to look at them more...

Maybe I'm just a little weird... :lol: I find images with colour boring now.

phpUMEnmFPM.jpg

phpubQDwyPM.jpg

php3mRkKMPM.jpg

phpPBcKkmPM.jpg

phpHbAAgePM.jpg

phpjWsmdPPM.jpg

phpDFqW5pPM.jpg

php8TlPbJPM.jpg

php3fFrSMPM.jpg

php2qrFULPM.jpg

hmm Quite a range here so lets start at the top:
I think I agree that black and white can work very well with a shot, however I personally think it works best in shots like number 3 where you have strong and sharp changes from the black to the white which emphasise the shot - in shots 1 and 2 I think they just don't have that sharpness of colour change to really benefit from the change.

Shot 3 I like, especially with the selective colouring which has really added to the shot, but I am of 2 minds about the edges of the eggs - on the one had the grey boarder works and on the other it makes it look like an unfunished edge - two minds about this so not really certain.

Shot 4 is great - nice and sharp with eye contact and decent colourings (intresting colours on those feathers boardering the wings) however I think to improve this shot I would try to get more space on the left of the shot - the direction that the bird is facing (or heading). That and a little more space above will lose that closed in feeling that you can get with such shots.

Shot 5 I think you have really captured the mood of a raven in a (dead) tree - you might try (if you ever get the chance again) of using the flash to try and fill the darks in the ont bird just a little more, though his head has come out well in this - best way is to have the light behind you and if you can't to fake it with the flash.

Shot 6 seems to be suffering a bit in the outof focus areas though that might just be compressing the image size. As for the shot looks like you were at the limit of your lens a little soft on the bird, but looks like you got the focus right -- again the is another shot where you really want to get more view on the left.

Shot 7 I really really like with the partitioning of the grass - that as worked out well and sort of adds an interesting frame to the eggs within.

Shot 8 - nice and a very very clear capture of the eye

Shot 9 - here I think you can really see where a flash fill would help let us see that eye which has been lost in the surrounding black. Both 8 and 9 also give me the impression that you are working at or just beyond (for 9) your lenses limits

Shot 10 - very different and for what its worth I like what you have gone for in this shot, but I think a slightly greater depth of field would have helped.

Overall a nice selection of shots with some really outstanding ones in there. I would like to know though what sort (if any) noise reduction you do as a post production edit - some of these shots could be improved a little with some stronger noise reduction

Thanks so much for the great info!

Number 6 and 9 were far away so that's why they have that fuzz to them.

I don't have any fancy editing programs so I can't make them anymore clear.

Is there any programs I can download? not including photoshop.

I actually love number 2, I like how it's not completely clear but it feels like a boat harbor lol.

I'll try and get more area to my photos with the subject, also I'll use my flash more.

there is GIMP which is a freeware downloadable editing program that gets some very good results - though I must admit that have no experience using it myself but it gets good results.
And getting more area to a shot I find tricky when all your attention is directly on the bird or animal, but I find it easier than keeping an eye on the backgound ;)

Most reactions

Back