Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you guys think about that?

Engadget

Official Site

Now I can't decide what's better. The BlackRapid or the SpiderPro? :greenpbl:

The retail price for the SpiderPro is $110.

lol...i was just coming over here to post the link to engadget. :D
looks like you took care of it.

looks pretty cool but not for $110.

lol...i was just coming over here to post the link to engadget. :D
looks like you took care of it.

looks pretty cool but not for $110.

Ha :lol: I have the same opinion about the price though.

what I don't get about it is can you attack it to your lens? or is it always attached to the camera body? I am not sure I would want my heavier lenses being held for a few hours a day by the mount only. I suppose that is generally what is done with a strap, but then again, I don't really keep my larger lenses on my camera unless I'm carrying the camera.

a 70-200mm f2.8 can hang downwards by teh camera mount with little to worry about, I've held mine like this a lot when walking around (though by hand not on a belt) and so far its held strong. I have also seen many shots and videos with photographers (mostly journalists) holding the lens in similar positions with no problems.
Anything getting heavier than a 70-200mm f2.8 is likley to be moving into the telephoto range and then your looking at some quite serious weight but not only that a different (in general) type of user - intead of the pap shooter your dealing now morewith hte bird or sports shooter who are generally less likley to carry such a heavy lens on a belt like that.

Infact watching the video on the website I wondered that with 2 decent weight cameras and lenses on the belt - heck even justone - you would have to keep checking your pants were up ;) There's no padding on the belt either which whilst it makes for a tighter fit also means that you can only do it up so far before it chafs - unles you wear a very thick top.

Personally if I were using a setup like that I would prefer a harness - you can still have the weight on your hips, by tightening the waist strap, but you also don't have to worry about it falling down your pants.

I like that with the Black Rapid system you keep the camera tethered to your body. With the holster system there's the possibility you can drop your camera when going from the shooting to the holstered position (or visa versa).

I like that with the Black Rapid system you keep the camera tethered to your body. With the holster system there's the possibility you can drop your camera when going from the shooting to the holstered position (or visa versa).

Exactly .... the camera may drop. It just the matter of time.

Yeah, seems like a cool idea but I'm not sure about the execution. I guess it would be cool if you were a PJ that liked to shoot from a stationary position, but it seems like your camera would swing and hit your leg if you had to move quickly at all. The Blackrapid looks like a better idea IMO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back